A Lifetime of Sorrow - my latest track

Author
logan86
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 133
2012/02/16 18:47:30 (permalink)

A Lifetime of Sorrow - my latest track

Hey everyone

This is my latest track, called "a lifetime of sorrow." It's a kind of RnB/Hip-hop track with a sad but at the time same time slightly energetic feel to it. I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions that anyone could give as it's still kind of a work in progress right now. Thankyou for listening

http://soundcloud.com/user9603240/a-lifetime-of-sorrow-work-in

Ali

2 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:A Lifetime of Sorrow - my latest track 2012/02/16 19:31:49 (permalink)
    This has so much possibility.  I'm glad to hear that you think it's a work in progress because you can go in so many directions.  As it is now, there's not many changes in the arrangement to give it dynamic tension.  I can hear how a bridge or chorus progression could easily fit in to give the listener a change up once in a while.  It's kinda hard to make judgements on chord progressions with only a drum part, but if you intend for it to be RnB, it needs a vocal.  It doesn't yet have the big beat to be a rap song.  At the very least, it could use a lead instrument to give us an idea of a melody line, if you intend to have one.  As I said, it has potential, but right now, it's like a fresh canvass with a few splashes of paint.  Give us more to go on.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    dkbender
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 120
    Re:A Lifetime of Sorrow - my latest track 2012/02/16 19:35:57 (permalink)
    so, you and my son have similar musical ideas.   I like where you are going with this.   Get it finished and get some hook(s) in there.   Have fun!

Best!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1