"There is no disk in the drive" message: Dim Pro

Author
melodeo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
2012/02/23 21:03:24 (permalink)

"There is no disk in the drive" message: Dim Pro

I just got a new PC for my studio and have installed Dimension Pro to it (updated to 64 bit). But I have a few seemingly related issues: (1) When I click on any preset in Expansion Pack 1, I get a message: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk3\DR3." I can press "Try again" and the program opens just fine; (2) I installed two other soundbanks (Digital Sound Factory Volume 1 and Manytone Fretless Bass--both of which I had on my old computer) but neither show up in Dim Pro, even though they're in the right folders, both samples and presets; (3) if I load a preset from either of those two soundbanks using the Program Handler button, I get the same deal with the "There is no disk..." message.

I noticed that I have Dim Pro folders both under Program Files (x86) and Program Data that both contain program folders (with presets). I copied the missing presets into both since I didn't know which Dim Pro was reading (all the other presets are there). That seems odd and I'm wondering if that's related to my problem. Am I supposed to have two sets of program folders?

Mel

2 Replies Related Threads

Kev999
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3922
    Re:"There is no disk in the drive" message: Dim Pro 2012/02/24 21:31:12 (permalink)
    When you migrate from one computer to another, it is best (and easier) to copy DimPro's sample content and programs across rather than installing it from scratch.  However, I am not sure whether or not this is relevant to your current problem, which may be a 64-bit issue.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
    FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
    Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
    Having fun at work lately
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:"There is no disk in the drive" message: Dim Pro 2012/02/24 23:58:36 (permalink)
    DimPro (and Rapture) have two folders a lá the microsoft standard for XP and beyond.  In fact, there are several folders scattered around, once again, I believe, to conform to MS standards.

With the Cake synths I just let them install to their defaults.  I've installed DimPro on two or three new computers and never had a hitch.  Remember to hit F5 (refresh browser).

I remember the missing disk error from a long while back - maybe a search is in order.  I never suffered that problem so I never paid attention to the thread or two that popped up.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1