Video for a song I worked on.

Author
agape
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 98
2012/03/14 18:14:38 (permalink)

Video for a song I worked on.

Just want to invite everyone to check out a video for a song I did the production on for some friends of mine all in Sonar. Personally I think the vocals are a little too hot but that was the way they wanted it so that is what they got. Would love to hear some comments about the song and production itself, suggestions and the like. Let me know what you think.

Word of Warning- There is a long, and I do mean long introduction to the song about it's background and the story behind it as it was written when the author found out her son was autistic. It also contains alot about God and faith so for those who might be offended by things of that nature, be warned. 

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40iJj_3aROA&feature=share

SOFTWARE- Sonar 8.5, EWQL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA, EWQL SYMPHONIC CHOIRS, GYPSY, STORM DRUM 2, MINISTRY OF ROCK, VOICES OF PASSION, GOLIATH, THE DARK SIDE, RA, HOLLYWOOD STRINGS, HOLLYWOOD BRASS, QL SPACES, HOLLYWOODWINDS, DEEP PERCUSSION BEDS, ARPEGGIO, EZ DRUMMER, Vivace, HIPP, Orchestral String Runs 2, Evolution Acoustic Guitar, EWQL Solo Violin, EZDrummer, EZKeys, Cineorch

5 Replies Related Threads

groveendroad
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:Video for a song I worked on. 2012/03/14 19:21:26 (permalink)
    This is not my cup of tea. However, you did a outsatnding job on the video. What you had to say through out the video and all through the song was very good. good song, tune and lyric, with a good performace as well. Loved it.

Bless you and David!!!

Terry
    agape
    Re:Video for a song I worked on. 2012/03/14 19:54:32 (permalink)
    Terry, thanks for the kind comments. It is a little too pop for my tastes but it is fun to branch out and do things that are outside of what I would normally do.

SOFTWARE- Sonar 8.5, EWQL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA, EWQL SYMPHONIC CHOIRS, GYPSY, STORM DRUM 2, MINISTRY OF ROCK, VOICES OF PASSION, GOLIATH, THE DARK SIDE, RA, HOLLYWOOD STRINGS, HOLLYWOOD BRASS, QL SPACES, HOLLYWOODWINDS, DEEP PERCUSSION BEDS, ARPEGGIO, EZ DRUMMER, Vivace, HIPP, Orchestral String Runs 2, Evolution Acoustic Guitar, EWQL Solo Violin, EZDrummer, EZKeys, Cineorch
    Rimshot
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4625
    Re:Video for a song I worked on. 2012/03/14 22:37:31 (permalink)
    Good job technically.  I was confused on the content.  It was a religious song but not a song about autism?  I was expecting that.  Perhaps more shots about the content of the song instead of the performers?  Just a thought.  Thanks.

Rimshot

Rimshot 

Sonar Platinum 64 (Lifer), Studio One V3.5, Notion 6, Steinberg UR44, Zoom R24, Purrrfect Audio Pro Studio DAW (Case: Silent Mid Tower, Power Supply: 600w quiet, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz (8 threads), RAM: 16GB DDR3/1600 
    , OS drive: 1TB HD, Audio drive: 1TB HD), Windows 10 x64 Anniversary, Equator D5 monitors, Faderport, FP8, Akai MPK261
    agape
    Re:Video for a song I worked on. 2012/03/14 23:08:20 (permalink)
    I think the message is really about how she can make it through anything. And just for clarification, I only worked on the music end of things. I guess I could have made that more clear. Thanks for the comments though.

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Video for a song I worked on. 2012/03/15 18:05:43 (permalink)
    Nice job of producing the music.  My heart goes out to all the parents of autistic children.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1