Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro Keyfollow

Author
siike92
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/05/08 04:24:06 (permalink)

Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro Keyfollow

Keyfollow, not sure if this is really the agreed-upon term for this but that's what my Roland Juno G calls it. I can't seem to find out where this function is on Z3TA or Dimension though. right now, I'm gonna stick with what I'm doing with z3ta as an example... Basically, I'm trying to use keyfollow to affect the amp eg and the eg I'm using for filter cutoff. This is going to be really hard to explain, but here goes nothing. You know when you use a monophonic synth and you hit a note while holding the sustain pedal the amp envelope starts? Then if you the same note while still holding the sustain pedal, the original envelope ceases and the new envelope starts? I want the same thing to happen, but with a polyphonic synth. I want the amp envelope and the filter envelope to retrigger every time I hit the same note multiple times while still holding the sustain pedal. Like I said before, on my Roland Juno G this function is called Keyfollow. Can anyone help me out here?
post edited by siike92 - 2012/05/08 04:42:14

4 Replies Related Threads

siike92
    Re:Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro Keyfollow 2012/05/08 04:40:54 (permalink)
    ehh, keyfollow isn't actually what I thought it was. It actually refers to how much a quality is affected by pitch. Anyways, I'd still love to know if there's anyway to retrigger amp envelopes while holding a sustain pedal.
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro Keyfollow 2012/05/08 09:34:09 (permalink)
    Hi, 

I'd highly recommend reading this thread from René for z3ta+ programming.  He covers assigning keytracking for both filter and amplitude:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59724

As for Dimension Pro and Rapture, they both have keytracking hardwired for easy access.  See that line below your LFO for each modulator?  That's your keytracking that is assigned to the respective modulator you have selected.   Click and drag as needed.  It has to be one of the easiest and most elegant ways to assign key tracking for any synth I've seen.  (René's brilliant design)  After spending hours programming synths like z3ta+ features like this are soooo nice! 

Of course if you wanted to do very specific modulations keytracking can also be programmed via the MIDI and MOD matrix's inside of Rapture & Dimension Pro. 

Hope this helps. 

- Chad 
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro Keyfollow 2012/05/08 09:38:26 (permalink)
    siike92

ehh, keyfollow isn't actually what I thought it was. It actually refers to how much a quality is affected by pitch. Anyways, I'd still love to know if there's anyway to retrigger amp envelopes while holding a sustain pedal.

Hmm... Couple of ways you can do this.

The modulators on both Rapture and Dimension Pro can be looped.  Make a envelope that has multiple nodes.  On the 2nd to last node click it, then press "S", then on the node you want to start the re-trigger loop, press "L".   Looped Envelopes!

With Rapture the re-trigger step generator to EG will work.  CTRL click a step gen slot will cause that step to re-trigger the respective envelope for that modulator.  Cool beans.   

siike92
    Re:Z3TA+ and Dimension Pro Keyfollow 2012/05/09 02:59:06 (permalink)
    Thanks so much,that's exactly what I was looking for! Much appreciated!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1