Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price)

Author
logan86
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 133
2012/06/06 15:23:19 (permalink)

Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price)

Hey everyone, this is my new mix of the legendary FOSL club classic "Papua New Guinea." Please do let me know what you think, any kind of feedback is much appreciated. http://soundcloud.com/use...solstice-mix-ali-price

5 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price) 2012/06/06 17:23:25 (permalink)
    I put this on as background music while I was tidying up my studio when I realized that I had come to a complete stop.  As I was standing there listening to this strangely haunting piece, I became aware that I was gonna have to sit down and listen to this piece carefully.  I'm glad I did because I'm impressed.  This has parts flying in and out of the mix, and I could hear the attention to detail that went into this song.  Now, I have to track down the original, and that's saying a lot.  Kudos to you, and keep up the good work.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    logan86
    Re:Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price) 2012/06/06 18:00:58 (permalink)
    Thanks Lynn, that is high praise indeed. I do feel a bit undeserving of it though because if you listen to the original you might find it to be a bit too similar. In fact it is almost more of a rearrangement of the song than anything else. Well to be fair I did actually track down the original song that Future of sound london got their vocal samples from, and I sampled the vocals all over again myself, and even sampled a few bits that future of sound london didn't use. Other than that I added a bass sound and I also bolstered the original beat a bit with my own. Other than that it was mostly a case of rearranging the sections of the original track which I had sampled. If anything I feel like it's a bit derivative and not terribly imaginative. But I really wanted to do this just to learn more about how sampling works and how to mix a song. Before this track I had only ever done one tiny bit of sampling before. Anyway I hope you aren't too disappointed when you listen to the original track as well. Still though, thank you again for your kind comments, reading your post did put a big smile on my face.
    post edited by logan86 - 2012/06/06 18:03:12
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price) 2012/06/06 23:28:14 (permalink)
    I found the original on Youtube, and, by golly, you did a fine remix of this classic.  Nothing you did detracted from the original, and, in fact, you enhanced it.  

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price) 2012/06/06 23:37:35 (permalink)
    Dead Can Dance samples eh? I think this is a great mashup. Mix is tight, interest is maintained.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    logan86
    Re:Papua New Guinea - Future of Sound London (Solstice mix by Ali Price) 2012/06/07 07:06:21 (permalink)
    Thankyou Lynn and Foxwolfen. I was initially a bit worried that it wasn't really imaginative enough, but as long as you both enjoyed it then that is more than good enough. Also yes I did use Dead Can Dance samples Foxwolfen, you really know your stuff ;)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1