The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming???

Author
Linear Phase
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2201
2012/06/12 21:12:22 (permalink)

The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming???

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=351661

Is that about the super, ultra secret Cakewalk SYnth, that was almost announced at namm or something in 2007 or 2008?  OMFG  I can not wait!!

Even though Rapture has bugs..  ( hint )
And Z3ta 2.0..  erm, also has a few bugs ( hint )

I'm basically ready to buy the synth now!

This is going to be amazing!   This is it!  The Cakewalk SYnth that ends all VST's right?   This is the ultra-sonic, super-secret, supposedly totally amazing thing we've never seen!
And its in beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW

I can not wait!  This should be good!

Meanwhile, can somebody please fix the bugs in Rapture.  And please tell me, somebody with a licensed copy of Renoise...  For example me..  Is beta testing the new synth.  Obviously I am not on the beta team but...

Please use Renoise.  Thank you, have a nice day. 

Ps..  Even with the bugs, Cakewalk makes the best synths.  And all my softwares have a lot of bugs.  I'm not even going to get into the new Arturia Spark VDM.  Arrg!  Bugs!

9 Replies Related Threads

dubdisciple
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5849
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/12 22:47:28 (permalink)
    I'm hoping it is a new synth that will be cross-platform even if it's just Dimension Pro 2 or Rapture 2.  if it's just simply the existing synths ported to Mac, then this will be great for Mac users but ho-hum for others.
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/12 22:52:40 (permalink)
    Not the super secret synth, more likely z3ta2 for MAC.
    Linear Phase
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/13 02:42:00 (permalink)
    Ouch!  What happened to the super secret synth?  Con****uously tabled by Roland...

EDIT =  -----------------------------------------------------------> ^ somebodies got the forum nanny settings a little high..  " prominently " tabled by Roland
    post edited by Linear Phase - 2012/06/13 02:46:23
    SEVerstraten
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 167
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/13 02:50:09 (permalink)
    Especially this part intrigues me:

"Does your DAW use VST3 or Audio Units"

I know the Beta test is OSX only, but could this be an indication that Cakewalk is jumping the VST3 bandwagon? And will it mean VST3 in Sonar in the forseeable future?

Sonar Platinum Lifetime
    Win 10 x64 , Intel i7 2670QM, 8GB DDR3
    Roland OCTA-CAPTURE, 
    IK-Multimedia STOMP-IO,
    KRK G5,
    PCR500 
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/13 10:28:06 (permalink)
    From what I heard Beatscape was the super synth that never got to the killer app level.  Good but rough synth.

But from the KVR thread it looks to be a mac version of Rapture I would suppose.  The VST 3 ...  I would hate to think that Cake is going to upgrade a synth to the mac before PC.

my 2c worth.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/13 13:12:17 (permalink)
    renoise isn't exactly widely used as other things.. so perhaps the developers can chuck cakewalk a copy of it for testing etc.

Linear Phase
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/13 14:47:14 (permalink)
    Fog

renoise isn't exactly widely used as other things.. so perhaps the developers can chuck cakewalk a copy of it for testing etc.

One of the big problems I am having with Renoise 2.8 and Rapture, is that 64 bit Rapture refuses to show me popup toolboxes detailing its information.  For example, when working with the EQ's, or the Filters, or the Effects; I am left to guess things like, "frequency, amount, tempo."  Does that make sense?  I've prepared a screen video, but do not have time to upload till later tonight.

I'm just a user of Renoise, and part of the community.  I make no decisions about Renoise.  However, I would hope, that if a Cakewalk Person contacted them with an official email or phone call; Cakewalk could then get a company copy for testing and what not.  The guys running Renoise are really cool, and I honestly believe tracking is coming into style hardcore.  But I hear you...  Renoise and tracking; a bit foreign, not exactly a comfy pair of pajamas to a lot of folk  

post edited by Linear Phase - 2012/06/13 14:49:27
    Rain
    • Total Posts : 9736
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/20 12:31:28 (permalink)
    AT

From what I heard Beatscape was the super synth that never got to the killer app level.  Good but rough synth.

But from the KVR thread it looks to be a mac version of Rapture I would suppose.  The VST 3 ...  I would hate to think that Cake is going to upgrade a synth to the mac before PC.

my 2c worth.

@

But Rapture for OSX already exists - it just doesn't support the latest revision (Lion).

I don't use Cubase and rarely use S1, so I couldn't care less for VST3, but an Audio Unit version of Zeta would definitely be a dream come true.

I was going to buy Sylenth 1, which is probably the best alternative to Zeta on Mac, but I think I'll keep that on hold until Cakewalk makes an announcement. Too bad I missed the Beta thing.

On a related note, I was a bit disappointed to see Cake dropping RTAS. They surely had their reasons, but it was cool to be able to use their softsynths in PT w/o the VST adapter.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:The Super Secret Cakewalk Synth from years ago, is finally coming??? 2012/06/20 12:39:46 (permalink)
    My bad, Rain, I meant Z3TA.  Since I don't have a mac I really don't pay attention to those developments and what is which.

Maybe they are coming up w/ a Pad/Android version or new synth for the same?

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1