Not Leaving Here (Without You)

Author
TysonC
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 61
2012/06/14 02:50:07 (permalink)

Not Leaving Here (Without You)

A musical collaboration between myself and an old friend.

Have a listen and let me know what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih61Id1DScI&feature=plcp
post edited by TysonC - 2012/06/14 07:00:16

3 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Not Leaving Here (Without You) 2012/06/14 10:24:09 (permalink)
    I'm not sure what to say about this piece.  It's done in a pseudo rap style, but the vocal is off time here and there, or at least, awkwardly phrased.  In rap or hip hop, the groove is key, so the vocal is off putting for me.  However, anything is fixable, so I suggest you sit down with the lyrics and work on the phrasing and get this vocal in the groove.  The rest of the song could use a little help, also.  It doesn't generate much excitement or heat, which doesn't help the lyrics.  I'll let others who have more experience in this genre give their opinions, but for me, it starts with the lead vocal.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Not Leaving Here (Without You) 2012/06/14 12:22:56 (permalink)
    Lynn

I'm not sure what to say about this piece.  It's done in a pseudo rap style, but the vocal is off time here and there, or at least, awkwardly phrased.  In rap or hip hop, the groove is key, so the vocal is off putting for me.  However, anything is fixable, so I suggest you sit down with the lyrics and work on the phrasing and get this vocal in the groove.  The rest of the song could use a little help, also.  It doesn't generate much excitement or heat, which doesn't help the lyrics.  I'll let others who have more experience in this genre give their opinions, but for me, it starts with the lead vocal.

+1

I think Lynn is bang on the money.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:Not Leaving Here (Without You) 2012/06/14 13:00:05 (permalink)
    Yes, the verses aren't too bad but the choruses sound like the whole vocal track needs shifting a few milliseconds sooner. 'I'm' needs to fall bang on the 'one' of the bar, and it's hitting late each time.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1