Author
byudog
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2012/06/18 18:21:26 (permalink)

4-leaf clover redo

Hey guys,

Here's my 4-leaf clover redo attempt.

I made it more acoustic and natural. Took the the hums out of the chorus (left some in the verse and outro) and added an easy refrain in the chorus.  I sped up the tempo.

Hope you guys like this one more than the last one.

http://www.reverbnation.com/seattletoaustin#!

Just click on the song at the top.

2 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:4-leaf clover redo 2012/06/18 19:03:04 (permalink)
    This is the first time I've heard this song, but it's a nice, mellow song, ala Donovan or one of the folk singers of the 60's.  The recording of the acoustic is very nice and natural sounding.  The vocal is nice, too, and I like the reverb that you used on them.  I'm glad you used the humming sparingly because a little goes a long way.  As it is now, it's very sparse which magnifies every element in the mix.  There's not much dynamic tension in the song which makes the verses and choruses sound similar.  This is just a matter of taste, but you could build the chorus up without sacrificing the feel in any big way.  However it goes, good effort.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:4-leaf clover redo 2012/06/18 23:02:40 (permalink)
    Damn I wish I hadn't broken my head phones. I think this is much improved over the first one you posted, but its still very narrow IMO. I suggest you move the hums and other BGVs to the outside.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1