Need help with Music Creator drums

Author
rnln1223
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/06/20 16:59:49 (permalink)

Need help with Music Creator drums

I am a fairly inexperienced user, but I would so appreciate somebody's kind help with this problem. I am using Music Creator 6. I am using a Roland RD-700 keyboard and a Dell Vostro laptop. The interface I am using is an Omni interface (little blue box). I have successfully made a few instrument tracks that play back through my amp and now I want to add a drum track by turning the keys of my Rd-700 into individual drum sounds that will play out my amp like the other instruments do. I have worked at this for hours and I cannot make it happen. I have tried inserting the TTS-1 Softsynth and it works, but it won't play out my amp. It plays when I use the keys on my keyboard but it comes out my laptop speakers and I cannot use it that way as there are delay issues there and it messes up my timing. Can I fix this or am I going to have to scrap this project? Thanks so much for your help.

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Need help with Music Creator drums 2012/06/20 17:50:07 (permalink)
    Check your options>Audio.  If MC is coming out of your main monitors the soft synths should too.  If you arent' using ASIO, WDM might have both interfaces being used simulanteously, and your midi could be using that.  Unlikely, but could happen.

Also check your mixer hardware outputs.  I don't know how MC shows it, but in SONAR you can see the mixer tracks, buses and hardware outputs.  Somewhere, some tracks could be routed directly to the hardware outputs (your Dell soundcard).  Change the track to your main output interface.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    rnln1223
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Need help with Music Creator drums 2012/06/20 20:12:55 (permalink)
    Thank you for your reply. I checked the settings you suggested. Here is what I found. The driver mode I have been using is MME (32-bit) The output setting where all my other instrument have been functioning is USB Uno Midi Interface. I now loaded up the Cakewalk Sound Center and the drum is playing through my speakers correctly when I hit the keys on the keyboard. However, when I save the piece as a Midi file and play it back in Windows Media Player the drum beat is instead a piano note. UGH!! Am I getting anywhere? :)
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Need help with Music Creator drums 2012/06/24 01:14:55 (permalink)
    Don't save it as a MIDI file. Export it as a wav.
    The wav. file will play as actual sound.
    The MIDI file is somewhat generic. Your MC6 project is directing it through Sound Center, and is using the correct patch.
    WMP is playing your MIDI file through the Microsoft wavetable Synth, and defaults to piano, because it doesn't know what else to do.
    Hope that makes sense.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1