Should we fight

Author
Warrenlee
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 286
2012/06/24 19:28:56 (permalink)

Should we fight

Released this a year or so ago, always liked the vibe of it, nice acoustic track...if anyone digs, would love to hear it :) http://soundcloud.com/warrenlee-1/should-we-fight Best, Lee

7 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/24 21:21:18 (permalink)
    OK, this is the same vibe as the other tune you just released.  That can be good or bad.  You can only go so far with the out of tuned vocals and the simple musicianship of this style of music.  Even Kurt Cobain cleaned up his demos when it counted.  I've heard some good stuff from you, and I like this offering in a lukewarm way because I hear something under the surface.  But, to me, these sound like demos, and not the finished product.  I'd like to see what you are really capable of doing.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Warrenlee
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/24 21:48:58 (permalink)
      thanks Lynn...comments like this are precisely why I have been posting tracks here. Honest, constructive criticism is invaluable....very much appreciated.... Best to you, Lee
    pistolpete
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1584
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/24 22:41:58 (permalink)
    Sorry but the finger squeak on the guitar is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. 
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/25 21:10:35 (permalink)
    Hey Warren been a a busy lately so I haven't been keeping abreast of what is happening here, I understand what Lynn is saying but I disagree but only if we see progression.  I love this raw acoustic stuff, reminds me of solo Syd Barret.

You are a real talent, we've seen some excellent raw acoustic numbers and some really cool Pink Floyd freak out stuff.  Now do you have another trick up your sleave.

The way I judge great talent is how many tricks they have as a writer.  At the moment I hear two from you.  The truly great tend to have 5.  Think The Beatles, they could do pop, rock, heavy rock, experimental and even vaudville.  So you get my drift.

But keep them coming, I know talent when I hear it.

Now for you Dickhead Pete (Sorry Warren) we need to deal with this pissant and every negative diatribe he puts up.

I tried to get you to join in and play nicely, I don't care what you say to me or what you think of my music, you though, choose not too.  GO AWAY or put something up to be judged.  Your opinion is worth less than **** on a stick mate.  I've heard nothing of your music, so how can I tell if your opinion is worth listening too.

Peace and once again sorry Warren

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/25 23:48:59 (permalink)
    I think its mostly a matter of practice and finding the perfect take. You intrigue me Lee. Its too bad we do not live close by. I would love to produce you (you might not enjoy it however lol).

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Warrenlee
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/26 08:54:44 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

Hey Warren been a a busy lately so I haven't been keeping abreast of what is happening here, I understand what Lynn is saying but I disagree but only if we see progression.  I love this raw acoustic stuff, reminds me of solo Syd Barret.

You are a real talent, we've seen some excellent raw acoustic numbers and some really cool Pink Floyd freak out stuff.  Now do you have another trick up your sleave.

The way I judge great talent is how many tricks they have as a writer.  At the moment I hear two from you.  The truly great tend to have 5.  Think The Beatles, they could do pop, rock, heavy rock, experimental and even vaudville.  So you get my drift.

But keep them coming, I know talent when I hear it.

Now for you Dickhead Pete (Sorry Warren) we need to deal with this pissant and every negative diatribe he puts up.

I tried to get you to join in and play nicely, I don't care what you say to me or what you think of my music, you though, choose not too.  GO AWAY or put something up to be judged.  Your opinion is worth less than **** on a stick mate.  I've heard nothing of your music, so how can I tell if your opinion is worth listening too.

Peace and once again sorry Warren

Thank you my brother!  Very much appreciate the kind words, especially after the snarky ass commments that preceded it.   And I got a looooooong way to go, but you're spot with the genre mixing, that's precisely what I am after.  You rock man!
    Warrenlee
    Re:Should we fight 2012/06/26 08:58:25 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

I think its mostly a matter of practice and finding the perfect take. You intrigue me Lee. Its too bad we do not live close by. I would love to produce you (you might not enjoy it however lol).

"Its too bad we do not live close by. I would love to produce you"  ...maybe someday  :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1