So here is a little more metal and some experimental ...

Author
HiddenMaster
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2012/06/26 17:15:58 (permalink)

So here is a little more metal and some experimental ...

Hey guys , enjoying hearing your tracks , there is some pretty cool stuff  being posted on this forum ...

Heres some metal , and some more experimental stuff i have been working on .... These tracks dont really get much airtime , so i thought i would share them ...

Other than Addictive Drums , all effects and mixxing was done in Sonar 8.5 with the included VSTs ....
(Upgraded to X1 producer last night , pretty impressed so far !) 
I have only recently got to grips with the mastering side of things, so there is no mastering on these tracks ,

Some metal , pretty far out but maybe you will like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3VomNTjwDA&list=UUqREgSYILJ22wctkdkJgtIQ&index=6&feature=plcp

A more progressive piece ... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR8W6EGnqTQ&list=UUqREgSYILJ22wctkdkJgtIQ&index=9&feature=plcp

And a little shot of my current X1 default template layout ; 

http://i49.tinypic.com/142tz77.png

Enjoy !!

post edited by HiddenMaster - 2012/06/26 17:24:08

i7 12gHz 8gb RAM / Sonar X1 Producer / Motu 896MK3H / ESP / Ibanez / ADA Preamps / Mesa Boogie poweramps / Korg Triton keys / Addictive Drums /

3 Replies Related Threads

ABeautifulVirus
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 523
    Re:So here is a little more metal and some experimental ... 2012/06/26 18:26:42 (permalink)
    Intense. Sonar drums are sweet. Has an Opeth feel on Heroes Of Ireland
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:So here is a little more metal and some experimental ... 2012/06/26 18:30:44 (permalink)
    I don't think mastering, or the lack of it, is your problem right now.  The overall volume of the song is plenty loud enough for this genre.  However, the mix leaves something to be desired.  I'm glad you put the lyrics up because not a single word was decipherable even with the lyrics.  I listened to the song twice to be sure, but the heavy growl for a voice, the extremely loud drums, and other elements of the mix completely covered the voice.  The lyrics and story are just fine, but you need to take the drums down several notches.  I, also, don't know if the Rob Zombie voice works, but that is a matter of taste.  This song would work fine as a bass drum solo, but I don't think that's your objective.

On the other hand, your second song plays much better, and I enjoyed it.  You obviously have much talent to write and perform, but your mixing skill is a little behind the rest of you.  I think your mixes could be panned a little wider because too much is happening near the center of the stereo spectrum.  The songs don't breathe with dynamics which means they are probably over compressed somewhere along the way.  I'm sure there are numerous people here on this forum with experience in this genre that can give you good advice, so trust them.  I don't mean to be harsh, and there's enough potential here to make the effort to improve these tunes.  Best of luck to you, and I'll be waiting for more from you.  BTW, I think you'll like X1.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:So here is a little more metal and some experimental ... 2012/06/27 03:34:14 (permalink)
    I think has it covered.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1