Metal and Instrumental

Author
HiddenMaster
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2012/07/01 15:38:03 (permalink)

Metal and Instrumental

Hey once again guys ! 

I hope you are all well and your recordings are going smoothly !

Here are two tracks you may enjoy if you like the rock and metal .... 

This first one is kindof a concept piece , the lyrics are a mixup of irish folklore tales , and i tried to makeup a jig type riff to keep in the style .. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3VomNTjwDA&feature=relmfu

And something totally different , this took a few takes :P
http://www.youtube.com/wa...ture=player_detailpage

Thanks for listening as always ! 

i7 12gHz 8gb RAM / Sonar X1 Producer / Motu 896MK3H / ESP / Ibanez / ADA Preamps / Mesa Boogie poweramps / Korg Triton keys / Addictive Drums /

12 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/01 16:01:33 (permalink)
    I was enjoying the Uilleann pipe? right up until it went mental I gave up at that point sorry I am sure it is a fine tune for its style.

The second one is again a little mental but I did listen to more of it (to the end actualy).

Better peeps than me here for mix advise on this style of music.

Thanks for sharing sorry I could not listen to all of the first one.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Purple Rhapsody
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/01 16:28:34 (permalink)
    The first one was a bit too raw for me when it got past the long intro but the second is great, I enjoyed it all the way through.

I can't comment on the mix for the first one - but the second sounded fine on laptop speakers (which is always a good sign).

Cheers,
    Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/01 23:05:08 (permalink)
    Wohohahaha - Love the first one. Got me banging. Second was epic.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/02 10:28:32 (permalink)
    I heard the first song last week, and my comments still apply.  The overall concept is cool, and the lyrics are rather epic.  I just don't think the Rob Zombie vocal style works for this.  At least, what I can hear of it.  The drums completely swamp the vocals, and are totally indecipherable.  Thank you for posting the lyrics, otherwise, they'd be totally lost.  Plus, for a hard driving rock song, the overall volume level was rather low.  Certainly not in the league of other heavy metal songs.  Since there are no dynamics in the song to begin with, why not crank it up at the mastering stage?

The second song caught my attention for the cool arrangement and good performances.  You guys rock.  Again, the overall level was low, but that's an easy fix if you're interested.  But, please, please, please do something about that first song.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    HiddenMaster
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/02 14:28:01 (permalink)
    Once again thanks for all the input guys , Lynn in particular, you seem pretty experienced and always have constructive critique ! I need to get working on some more production skills ! 

Thanks for the "You guys rock" but unfortunately there is no band lol , it is just myself trying to be 1 man band !This type of rock and metal is not very big in Ireland , so i am just working away at my own stuff! This is why i am posting them to share , no one really gets to hear them ...
     Hopefully next track will be a little more crisp and better mix !

Thanks guys !

i7 12gHz 8gb RAM / Sonar X1 Producer / Motu 896MK3H / ESP / Ibanez / ADA Preamps / Mesa Boogie poweramps / Korg Triton keys / Addictive Drums /
    shawn@trustmedia.tv
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2136
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/02 15:22:57 (permalink)
    Envious of your live playing skills, rockon. - Shawn

Studio SONAR X3. Axiom 25 midi controller, DUNE 2, Producer Content, Good Times, Bandlab Mojo

jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/02 17:12:04 (permalink)
    I listened to the first one (all through!), very creative stuff, and cool to get that celtic vibe in this genre. I wonder if Gary Moore would be doing something like this if he was still with us.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/04 09:33:01 (permalink)
    Both showcase well honed musicianship

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/04 16:40:03 (permalink)
    hey dude i'm a sucker for this kinda music when i'm in the mood (love Equilibrium, for example), and i guess you listen to plenty of Cruachan/Suidakra...nicely played and conceived, the drums need plenty of work but a good start! the second tune heads more into Rhapsody territory, and if you ain't a sweeper you got no chance in that field! still, there's some good musical ideas in this, and the Germans love this kinda stuff. potential though!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    HiddenMaster
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/04 18:58:19 (permalink)
    hey mgh nice guitar you got there ..  I havent heard of any of those bands lol , only Rhapsody . I am listening to the european metal a lot , stratovarius , sonata arctica , keldian etc ... 

Is there anything you can suggest for the drums dude , i have been trying everything and this is the best sound i can get ... I am still not pleased with how it sounds... also considering trying "Superior Drummer" see if the samples are any better quality ....

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/05 01:27:32 (permalink)
    well superior drummer is seen as the 'gold standard' in metal drumming samples, esp with the metal foundry expansion pack. i use steven slate drums which i think are pretty good, there's also ezdrummer. are you using parallel compression on the drums? this is a almost a must-do to get that heavy yet punchy sound... oh, and yeah give a listen to Equilibrium and Wintersun if you haven't already, awesome bands!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re:Metal and Instrumental 2012/07/05 02:41:23 (permalink)

Listening to these songs is almost like jumping in a wash machine with two double bass drums pounding away on full wash cycle , WOW what a head spin !
    Hey I love my drums but that alittle too much for me , good luck with it but not my thing .

James
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1