You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock}

Author
ABeautifulVirus
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 523
2012/07/02 09:20:26 (permalink)

You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock}

techno/rock/"eurodance" genre. lyrics loosely about Ray Kurzweil's book "The Age of Spiritual Machines".  all drums/ drum loops are acoustic drums which i sampled & digitally affected. guitars played through Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier & Marshall JCM Triple Lead 2000 / Mesa Boogie 4x12s. my friend Sarah guest appears as female robot vocals in the chorus.

http://soundcloud.com/abe...lvirus/you-are-my-http

YOU ARE MY HTTP (demo)
© 2009 MRI
Words & Music by Daren Thomas Turner

Humans are such silly things
It becomes a ball and a chain
Wish they would all power down
Giving their harddrives a rest
Now I am starting you up
Pointing your webcam at things
Showing you where to go down
Into your vanishing...

Hey! log into my life
‘Cause you are just a website to me
Come inside my head
Hey! log into my life
Cum inside my head
Click here to do anything to me

Humans are happy then sad
Some do the silliest things
Some spend their time being mad
Some try to buy all the bling
I can be all of your friends
In wrapped up containers ‘to go’
‘Cause my space is not just a place
Under the internet...

Hey! log into my life
Come inside my head
Hey! log into my life
Cum inside my head
Click here to do anything to me

-----------------------------------------------------
Vocals, Guitars, Loops: Daren Thomas Turner
Backing Vocals: Sarah Reinold
Drums & Drum Loops: Alan Cruz, Daren Thomas Turner
Bass: Daniel Denial
-----------------------------------------------------

6 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock} 2012/07/02 10:04:27 (permalink)
    The more I hear from you, the more I look forward to hearing from you.  This takes me back to the Seattle of the 90's in so many ways.  You write and arrange so well, and you don't seem to have an identity crisis.  You also write some of the better lyrics going.  So... why make them so difficult to understand?  Maybe it's just me, but I think you could raise the volume of your vocals without sacrificing anything.  Your identity will still be intact, your style will still sound the same, but you'll be understood.  This is just my two cents, and I often said the same thing about REM, too.  If it's your intent to be ambiguous, then you've succeeded, and carry on.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    shawn@trustmedia.tv
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2136
    Re:You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock} 2012/07/02 15:26:52 (permalink)
    Now that was cool. Keep creating you do a great job of it. - Shawn

Studio SONAR X3. Axiom 25 midi controller, DUNE 2, Producer Content, Good Times, Bandlab Mojo

ABeautifulVirus
    Re:You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock} 2012/07/02 18:48:31 (permalink)
    thnx lynn & shawn-
    yea i've always been a thom yorke fan, michael stipe too, cobain, hendrix etc... kinda enjoy the ambiguity & more towards 'vocalise' eg classical music.  words aren't sung the way they are spoken anyway, unless you're lou reed or rapping...i like audible lyrics in songs to be like trying to read crepuscular hieroglyphics in ambient lighting...where you can discern forms but need imagination to register meaning...then when one reads the actual lyrics it gives one something to do/think about in re-applying the contextual references.  it's like an artistic birthing process

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock} 2012/07/02 23:29:14 (permalink)
    I am going to be blunt here. The vocals were so distorted and blurry that I could not even tell what language it was in. It sounded Swedish to me . I did not like the effect on the drums. The timing of the reverb is out of time with the song in places and it throws it completely off to me. And of course... dynamics man.. dynamics. Try em, you'll like em.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    ABeautifulVirus
    Re:You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock} 2012/07/03 09:35:35 (permalink)
    lol actually i think it's pretty cool if they sounded Swedish ;p - you're right about everything though... it's a big wall of sound (kinda the vogue for 'eurodance' genre) but too compressed and little headroom for vocals.  the idea in the demo is there though
    twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    Re:You Are My HTTP (MRI) {dance/techno-rock} 2012/07/04 09:22:29 (permalink)
    I'll not repeat the critiques above but awesome lyrics!

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1