Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock}

Author
ABeautifulVirus
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 523
2012/07/03 10:34:18 (permalink)

Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock}

kinda reggae-ish maybe andy summers-ish with a more alternative rock flavor in chorus.  i wanted to paint an image in the verses of many dudes singing in spontaneous choral like a musical/play portraying a bunch of half-drunk dock workers loading ships etc... this is contrasted by my more angular smashing pumpkins-ish vocal style in the choruses.  i used a roland jazz chorus for the clean/strat guitar parts and a fender jaguar played through marshall jcm triple lead 2000 for the others.

http://soundcloud.com/abe...rus/diary-of-a-mad-cow

DIARY OF A MAD COW (demo)
Words & Music by Daren Thomas Turner
© 2010 MRI

I can tell
You are here
You are all
That I fear

Ya know…
I didn’t wanna tell ya
(no I didn’t )
I didn’t wanna reveal
(no ma’am, no)
I didn’t wanna intrude
(like a neighbor)
I didn’t wanna take you
(like a road)
I thought you’d wanna know this
(like good gossip)
Before you go further
(than you’re now)
I’m in your botox
(in your forehead)
I’m in your burgers
(in the cow)

I can tell
You were here
The pages are all
Dog-eared

Ya know…
I didn’t wanna tell ya
(no I didn’t )
I didn’t wanna reveal
(no ma’am, no)
I didn’t wanna intrude
(like a neighbor)
I didn’t wanna take you
(like a road)
I thought you’d wanna know this
(like good gossip)
Before you go further
(than you’re now)
I’m in your botox
(in your forehead)
I’m in your burgers
(in the cow)

5 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock} 2012/07/03 11:31:13 (permalink)
    I like this tune as much as any of the other tunes you've submitted.  After reading your response to my comments on your other song, I'm beginning to understand that vocals are part of the overall texture of your sound and not necessarily an end in themselves.  Many classic groups have taken this approach and succeeded.  Ambiguity has its place.  In your case, it's kinda too bad because you write good lyrics, but that's OK because it's your call.  At least, I'm beginning to see the big picture with you.  

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    ABeautifulVirus
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 523
    Re:Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock} 2012/07/04 00:48:55 (permalink)
    lol thanks Lynn.  i think it's more a big painting.  maybe big finger painting w/ a lot of mess and paint all over the place ;p
    Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock} 2012/07/04 01:03:49 (permalink)
    That was pretty cool and I liked it. I did think the strat tone was a little dull and to my ears it sounded like a bit too much compression was used. Maybe it's just me. The song certainly has a lot of interesting elements, like a jigsaw puzzle of sound.
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock} 2012/07/04 01:21:02 (permalink)
    Love it. Kinda Andy Summers meets Lustmord. :D Semi-creepy reggae... I think you may have invented a new genre.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    Re:Diary Of A Mad Cow (MRI) {reggae-alternative rock} 2012/07/04 06:40:30 (permalink)
    funky and lush!!

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1