"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence

Author
Warrenlee
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 286
2012/07/04 10:28:41 (permalink)

"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence

A contemplative, but hopeful acoustic track from my record Translucence. Please enjoy.... http://soundcloud.com/warrenlee-1/wasted Lee

9 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/04 11:51:25 (permalink)
    This tune really brought it home for me.  I've commented before about your vocal style, but this song opened my eyes and let me catch a glimpse into your inner soul, so to speak.  Though you sound nothing like him, your voice has some of the same qualities of a young Neil Young.  Raw, pure, and honest.  You've won me over with this, though that one note that you held for so long in the middle of the song was exactly one and half milliseconds too short ;)

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Warrenlee
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/04 20:18:43 (permalink)
    Hi Lynn, thank you so very much. Your comments are very much appreciated, and this one in particular was soul enriching for me :) And Neil Young...yup...his influence is hard to escape from. But I embrace that, his music is really timeless.... Thanks again, and happy 4th! Lee
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/04 23:06:34 (permalink)
    I'm struggling with what to say about this. There are a few niggly little issues, but I find I am not sure if I would correct them or not. It is raw, and honest. This left me feeling a bit "woodstocky" if you know what I mean. The rambling beginning leading to a late sixties psychedelic and intricate blend of southwestern guitar, then back... very very frackin cool at times. I think I would have to consider it in context of the rest of the album. If the album was all sparkle and shine, then I would leave this as is.. sort of an "out-take" track kind of thing. But if the album was all raw, then I would fix the niggly issues. From what I have heard of your album, I would have prompted you to fix the issues. If you want to know what issues I mean, let me know. I'm in Firefox 345 or what ever the frig it is now, and this forum software does not play nice with paragraphs.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/04 23:31:05 (permalink)
    I have listened to most of what you have put up and whilst I have a deep respect for Shads opinon, I get what you are doing and the rough edges are what make you such an interesting talent.  Very Syd Barret.

Now if you released another bunch of songs that were of a similar ilk, then I would agree with Shad, I like progression.

But the mix is beautiful.

Really sweet stuff, keep it coming.

Peace Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    wicker1000
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 43
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/04 23:49:10 (permalink)
    You have amazing talent!  This is 6:59 of pure emotion, skillful musicianship, and cerebral gold.  Keep it raw and honest, as you have done.  Simply outstanding...

Wicker1000
    Warrenlee
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/05 08:43:55 (permalink)
    foxwolfen  thanks for this, helpful, very much appreciate constructive criticisms.  I would be interested in hearing some specifics of some of the issues you hear if you could....and yeah, tis a bit "woodstocky" lol!   Lee

I'm struggling with what to say about this. There are a few niggly little issues, but I find I am not sure if I would correct them or not. It is raw, and honest. This left me feeling a bit "woodstocky" if you know what I mean. The rambling beginning leading to a late sixties psychedelic and intricate blend of southwestern guitar, then back... very very frackin cool at times. I think I would have to consider it in context of the rest of the album. If the album was all sparkle and shine, then I would leave this as is.. sort of an "out-take" track kind of thing. But if the album was all raw, then I would fix the niggly issues. From what I have heard of your album, I would have prompted you to fix the issues. If you want to know what issues I mean, let me know. I'm in Firefox 345 or what ever the frig it is now, and this forum software does not play nice with paragraphs.

Warrenlee
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/05 08:46:07 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech  Thanks brother!  My next batch, basically in the idea stages right now, definitely will be different.  I'm looking at mixing a lot of genres up....but long way from here to there...but I'll keep you posted

I have listened to most of what you have put up and whilst I have a deep respect for Shads opinon, I get what you are doing and the rough edges are what make you such an interesting talent.  Very Syd Barret.

Now if you released another bunch of songs that were of a similar ilk, then I would agree with Shad, I like progression.

But the mix is beautiful.

Really sweet stuff, keep it coming.

Peace Ben

Warrenlee
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/05 08:48:33 (permalink)
    wicker1000
    Thank you!  I do like this one too   :)

You have amazing talent!  This is 6:59 of pure emotion, skillful musicianship, and cerebral gold.  Keep it raw and honest, as you have done.  Simply outstanding...

Wicker1000

ABeautifulVirus
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 523
    Re:"Wasted" - Last song from Translucence 2012/07/05 10:33:28 (permalink)
    great tune. 'woodstocky' is awesome!! 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1