FireBird - TOTALLY FIXED NOW !

Author
THE NIGHT FOX
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 922
2012/07/04 18:07:35 (permalink)

FireBird - TOTALLY FIXED NOW !

Two weeks in the making off and on and here it is , hope you enjoy it . 

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11752561&q=hi&newref=1

Happy Fourth Of July Everyone !
James
post edited by THE NIGHT FOX - 2012/07/07 15:40:08

28 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 19:19:55 (permalink)
    James, I think it was two weeks well spent.  You have given us a nice blend of sound and texture.  The chord progression and melody are super.  What I particularly like about the mix is the fact that it seems to have motion and depth.  Songs like this are so welcome.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 21:22:04 (permalink)
    Lynn

James, I think it was two weeks well spent.  You have given us a nice blend of sound and texture.  The chord progression and melody are super.  What I particularly like about the mix is the fact that it seems to have motion and depth.  Songs like this are so welcome.

Hey Thanks Lynn for the listen and comments , you made my fourth of July a good one this year thanks !

James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 21:59:38 (permalink)

I made a change in the mix , after listening to it something just didn't sound 100% right so I went back in and realized the bass track was too over powering .
    I lowered the Bass track some , I really think the song sounds better now .
    Everything else sounds great , I'm pretty happy with the mix now and I hope you like it .

Thats my update ! James
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 23:12:04 (permalink)
    It sounds pretty good here. The bass could be dialled back a tad more (it was all I really noticed as slightly off in the mix), but its not overpowering, so could stay as is. I like the instrumentation, and as Lynn said, you have some nice progressions. Well done.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 23:23:16 (permalink)
    Hey James, I don't mind it, you have the genre right I would put this under Prog Rock, a bit like 90's Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

The mix is actually not bad, a vast improvemnt over the last track I heard that you put up.

As Shad said the bass is slighty heavy, the toms are a little too loud but mhe.

But good work.

Peace Ben
    post edited by BenMMusTech - 2012/07/04 23:25:06

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 23:49:42 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

It sounds pretty good here. The bass could be dialled back a tad more (it was all I really noticed as slightly off in the mix), but its not overpowering, so could stay as is. I like the instrumentation, and as Lynn said, you have some nice progressions. Well done.

Thanks Shad I might just take the Bass back a notch , it was really over powering everything else in the song before .
    After listening to it a hundred times over and over your ears go numb where your mind starts playing tricks on you . I took a nap and then listened to it again after I woke up and realize something doesn't sound right . Found out it was the bass track causing that sound that seemed to drown out some of the other things going on in the song so I lowered the volume on the bass track and that seem to clear things up in the mix .

Thanks for the listen and comments !
    James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/04 23:52:31 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

Hey James, I don't mind it, you have the genre right I would put this under Prog Rock, a bit like 90's Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

The mix is actually not bad, a vast improvemnt over the last track I heard that you put up.

As Shad said the bass is slighty heavy, the toms are a little too loud but mhe.

But good work.

Peace Ben

Thanks Ben , I might so back alittle bit more on the bass track volume . Thanks for the feedback and happy fourth of July to you .

James

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/05 13:44:47 (permalink)
    Agree with all of what's been said regards the mix, drum and bass volumes.  Ignoring that it is quite a pleasant tune.

Thanks for sharing.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/05 17:51:44 (permalink)
    Wookiee

Agree with all of what's been said regards the mix, drum and bass volumes.  Ignoring that it is quite a pleasant tune.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks , I'm going to turn that part of it down the drum fills & bass just a bit but not too much . I really thought everything sounded good after I turned down the bass a day ago but now your saying the bass still has too much bass volume to that track and I think shad commented on my drum fills so today I will look into that PLUS I think I will replay the lead in the second verse .
    Theres one minor thing I wanted to fix , I noticed it last night when I listened to it again .

Thanks for the listen and comments !
    James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/05 20:39:23 (permalink)

Hello everyone , I went back and made some changes . I completely replayed my second verse replacing what I had in the other version I posted .
    Then I lower the drum track volume and Bass track volume some more plus I remixed the whole song again before updating on Soundclick .

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and suggestions , hope you like it now .

James
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/06 18:24:09 (permalink)

Ok I know what some of you are thinking , oh yes I had to go back one more time and remixed everything plus I changed a track in my second verse section and replaced it with something better .

This is it no more I'm finished with this song , time to start on another new music project whatever that might end up being .

Hope you like it if you listen to it again , I think its my best remix version so this time its a keeper !

James
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 15:52:33 (permalink)

YES I lied , I said the song was finished the other day but today I listened to the song and thought hey I hate the opening cymbal crash sound and one other track was too loud so I went back in again and fixed those areas .

Its now totally totally finished , honest I tell you no lies ITS FINISHED this time YEA BABY its finished , hey no tears I know you will be pleased with it now  !!
    I mean what the hell I have so many listening friends around here , thank God for Lynn's set of ears and comments and a few others here .

Anyway I know your glad its finally finished , time to work on another song whatever that might be .

Thanks to all my friends on this forum , so much for the HEAT right ! Oh yea its freaking hot where I live now , 94 today YIKES I'M MELTING !
    post edited by THE NIGHT FOX - 2012/07/07 17:28:02
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 16:43:27 (permalink)
    Wait a minute, you left out a note in measure 37, didn't you? LOL  Alrighty, it's finished, and now you have to top it.  It sound like, to me, we work alike.  I'm afraid to walk away from a song for more than a few minutes, lest I hear something new and have to remix.  One of the hardest jobs a self producer has is to know when to call it quits.  In this case, I think you've done an excellent job.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 17:54:39 (permalink)
    Lynn

Wait a minute, you left out a note in measure 37, didn't you? LOL  Alrighty, it's finished, and now you have to top it.  It sound like, to me, we work alike.  I'm afraid to walk away from a song for more than a few minutes, lest I hear something new and have to remix.  One of the hardest jobs a self producer has is to know when to call it quits.  In this case, I think you've done an excellent job.

Hey Lynn I think we do , sometimes it takes a hundred listens before you can call it a done deal unless your a trained professional music producer who knows his crap-o-lowwwwwww better know a Sheet ! Can't spell it on the forum so lets just call it Sheet , anyway when things still smell bad then you need to start flushing untill it smells right if you get where I'm coming from . Sounds like we have something in common , fix it -fix it and fix it untill its 100% right !

Thanks again for the heads up , I feel really good about the final remix this time and I'm SUPER happy I figure out a way to create my own guitar lead . I'm not putting Scotty down or anyone elses lead guitar playing down but my guitar synth lead using my keyboard turned out pretty dam good and sounds as good as the real thing ALMOST ! Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging alittle bit but I have to say I'm really happy with the song . I think its my best song so far and thats because I was finally able to create my own guitar lead on my keyboard .
    Its nice when you can do everything yourself , thanks again Lynn for your support and advice .
    Hey I'm trying to find a kick-ass fiddle , know where I can find one ? Not a real one but a synth fiddle , I need something that sounds like a real fiddle thats what I'm going after next .

James

timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 18:06:08 (permalink)
    Love the track. Hate the whiny synth. Well, I don't hate it alltogether. Just, too much of it. 13 seconds was enough.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 19:56:34 (permalink)
    timidi

Love the track. Hate the whiny synth. Well, I don't hate it alltogether. Just, too much of it. 13 seconds was enough.

Sorry about the guitar synth , I can't get my money back on it ! LOL Yea I wanted to add a nice sounding kick butt fiddle but haven't found one to work with so I was stuck using one guitar synth that happens to be my best one out of all of them .
    Keep listening to it , it gets better after 50 times ! LOL

Thanks ! James

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 22:10:49 (permalink)
    I've only heard the "final" remix.

Sounds good here. No crits from me.
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/07 23:42:52 (permalink)
    bapu

I've only heard the "final" remix.

Sounds good here. No crits from me.

Thanks , the guitar synth I'm using isn't that bad . If I knew how to play a real electric guitar I would play it the same way but I don't have a real guitar or play one . My guitar synth is a good replacement and doesn't sound bad at all .

Thanks for the comments on my new tune !
    James

darylcrowley
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2700
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/08 14:39:38 (permalink)
    Very cool.  I liked the bass at the level on my speakers.   - Daryl

Daryl Crowley
    Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
    Windows 7 64bit Professional
    Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
    http://www.darylcrowley.com/
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/08 16:41:19 (permalink)
    darylcrowley

Very cool.  I liked the bass at the level on my speakers.   - Daryl

Thanks Daryl for the comments , wish it was cool here but its HOT ! To make matters worse my engine belt on my Ford Thunderbird shredded in half leaving me without wheels untill I can get it fixed for around $400.00 , SUCKS !
    Thank God it happened at home and not out on the road with a car load of food , I got up early and drove to WalMart for a months worth of food so in a way I was lucky I didn't end up stuck with a car load of cold and frozen food sitting in my car .

Oh well guess I'll have to call the tow truck tommorrow and haul it to the shop to get fixed .

Thanks for dropping in Daryl - James

Bob Oister
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/11 04:04:49 (permalink)
    Hi, James,

Nice job on this tasty, smooth, ambient electronica song!  Lots of nicely flowing elements and progressions with a laid back rhythmic beat and a crystal clear, great sounding mix.

Great work, James!
    Bob
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/11 11:38:37 (permalink)
    Bob Oister

Hi, James,

Nice job on this tasty, smooth, ambient electronica song!  Lots of nicely flowing elements and progressions with a laid back rhythmic beat and a crystal clear, great sounding mix.

Great work, James!
    Bob

Hey thanks Bob for the listen and comments on this tune , hope your having some good luck with your new album .
    Not sure what my next project will be , right now I'm working on a new drum track for that upcoming music project .

Thanks again , take care buddy !
    James

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/12 08:33:49 (permalink)
    Hey James!

I like this a lot! Great job on this. A kick butt fiddle, eh? Interesting that you would think of that. I can hear a middle eastern style violin playing in there.

String Jammer
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/12 10:21:02 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Hey James!

I like this a lot! Great job on this. A kick butt fiddle, eh? Interesting that you would think of that. I can hear a middle eastern style violin playing in there.

Thanks Scotty ! Hey your the expert on Violins , is it possible to produce that same sound and feel using a synth volin and a keyboard ?
    Alittle late in the game for this tune but maybe in another song project down the road , I will have to keep looking and experimenting . Sooner or later in months or years I will figure all that out , thanks for your comment and heads up on this tune .

Cheers !
    James

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/12 10:38:12 (permalink)
    Never too late. Send me the tune minus the synth track.

String Jammer
    Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/12 12:02:15 (permalink)
    This is nice. Kind of like ELP meets Ace of Base.

Well done! It sounds good here.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/12 13:10:23 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Never too late. Send me the tune minus the synth track.

Sounds good , I have to put the files back into Project 5 and then mute those tracks for you . I'll have it for you by the end of today or sooner , have some calls to make before I can get that to you .

Thanks ! James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:New Song - FireBird 2012/07/12 13:12:00 (permalink)
    Guitarpima

This is nice. Kind of like ELP meets Ace of Base.

Well done! It sounds good here.

Thanks for the thumbs up !

James

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1