Is there a way to run Roland TTS-1 outside of Music Creator 6? (Found a neat solution)

Author
Cose
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2012/07/07 22:48:14 (permalink)

Is there a way to run Roland TTS-1 outside of Music Creator 6? (Found a neat solution)

Just recently I purchased Music Creator 6 and it also features the software synth Roland TTS-1.

I would like to use it as my full GM synth in the default Windows midi handling setup, and also in other musical software like FL Studio 10, Synthfont, etc etc. However it doesn't seem to work.

I add the TT-1.dll file to the VST plugins folder but it refuses to work with other programs outside Cakewalk Music Creator.

In my opinion, it is the best "bang for buck" if you want to have a pretty much hassle free synth for your music and I like it a LOT.

I find it plenty fine and surprisingly effective.

If, alas, it isn't possible to use it outside Cakewalk MC and a couple other programs, nor in Windows for MIDI, is there a similar synth with similar characteristics that is good -sound wise- in Windows as a GM Synth or to edit music?

PS: Other than that I have a lot of Soundfonts (know the format pretty well) and I even created a 2GB full GM soundfont myself a couple of weeks ago that I made available to everyone for download, so I mean a different kind of format... like Roland TTS-1 or similar.
post edited by Cose - 2012/07/10 01:48:25

1 Reply Related Threads

Cose
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:Is there a way to run Roland TTS-1 outside of Music Creator 6? 2012/07/09 15:55:22 (permalink)
    I have made it work in an external program using the DXi Wrapper.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

None of the other wrappers I tried worked, but thankfully this fantastic one did. Now I can use Synthfont and the Roland TTS-1 together, for instance, among a few others...

What a nice utility. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1