Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century

Author
Z_Mobius
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2012/07/12 16:15:30 (permalink)

Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century

I've posted two of my electronic jazz songs on this forum before - "Take Flight" and "Below the Horizon". However, I have made a lot of changes to them since then, so much that they sound almost entirely different.

My music is electronic jazz - jazzy rhythms, electronic instruments. The style of my music is one that you will find particularly unique. My goal is to create a new type of jazz that blends in with 21st century culture; I think you will hear the presence of that in my music.

Here are three electronic jazz songs I've uploaded on Soundcloud:

Cruisin' LA: http://soundcloud.com/zmobius/cruisin-la
Below the Horizon: http://soundcloud.com/zmobius/below-the-horizon
Take Flight: http://soundcloud.com/zmobius/take-flight

Bringing jazz to the 21st century FTW!

5 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century 2012/07/12 17:14:44 (permalink)
    I just listened to all three of your tracks, and the difference is night and day from what I heard previously.   I had commented that your drums were not exactly in the easy listening groove that you said they were in, but not so this time around.  You clarified your approach differently this time, and it made sense to me and prepared me for what I heard.  Your music is quite sophisticated, and I like this style very much.  Just toning down the drums a bit made it work for me, and I now feel that I'm in sync with you.  I hope many more members of this forum take notice because I think you'll develop a following here.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Z_Mobius
    Re:Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century 2012/07/12 18:26:27 (permalink)
    Lynn

I just listened to all three of your tracks, and the difference is night and day from what I heard previously.   I had commented that your drums were not exactly in the easy listening groove that you said they were in, but not so this time around.  You clarified your approach differently this time, and it made sense to me and prepared me for what I heard.  Your music is quite sophisticated, and I like this style very much.  Just toning down the drums a bit made it work for me, and I now feel that I'm in sync with you.  I hope many more members of this forum take notice because I think you'll develop a following here.

Thanks, Lynn! I worked pretty hard on adjusting the virtual instruments (with extra focus on drums) so that they fit well together and so that the mix sounded in sync and easy to listen to. I took what you, Ben, and the others said into account, and I really thing it paid off!
    Rus W
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re:Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century 2012/07/14 05:50:53 (permalink)
    I did enjoy all the pieces and was doing some mental analysis along the way. Are A/F#m preferred keys?

I enjoyed LA Crusin' and noticed the setup. To me, the motif was nicely placed and I caught it when it arrived.

Nice job.

iBM (Color of Music) MCS (Digital Orchestration)  

"The Amateur works until he (or she) gets it right. The professional works until he (or she) can't get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

Z_Mobius
    Re:Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century 2012/07/14 23:37:15 (permalink)
    Rus W

I did enjoy all the pieces and was doing some mental analysis along the way. Are A/F#m preferred keys?

I enjoyed LA Crusin' and noticed the setup. To me, the motif was nicely placed and I caught it when it arrived.

Nice job.

Actually, yes, A/F#m is one my preferred keys. Not all my songs are in A, though, I also prefer C#/Bbm, D/Bm, and Ab/Fm. Most of my songs are in those 4 keys, but every now and then I choose a different key, depending on what sounds best. Glad you enjoyed the music!

MOBiUS Recording and Publishing - The Sound of Innovation

http://mobiussounds.weebly.com

Rus W
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re:Electronic Jazz - Bringing jazz to the 21st century 2012/07/15 06:00:23 (permalink)
    ^ C#? The "classical key." (Chopin goes through the Major and parallel minor twice - "Fantasie Impromptu")

Looking forward to more of your tracks

iBM (Color of Music) MCS (Digital Orchestration)  

"The Amateur works until he (or she) gets it right. The professional works until he (or she) can't get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1