COWBOYS AND INDIANS

Author
THE NIGHT FOX
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 922
2012/07/19 03:06:16 (permalink)

COWBOYS AND INDIANS

Get your guns out the Indians are coming ! Just something I have been messing around with , there might be a longer version to this .

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11776074&q=hi&newref=1

James

18 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/19 12:17:11 (permalink)
    That one was over before I had time to circle the wagons.  It got started on the right foot, so to speak, but I kept waiting for the attack to come.  It sounded cool, but is there more to come?  If so, I better reload.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/19 13:40:47 (permalink)
    Lynn

That one was over before I had time to circle the wagons.  It got started on the right foot, so to speak, but I kept waiting for the attack to come.  It sounded cool, but is there more to come?  If so, I better reload.

You better reload your bullets yes I had planned on adding more to this tune , I posted the intro and first verse to get some feedback on the overall mix between the music and all the cowboy and indian sound effects I added with the music .
    I was trying for a good balance in the mix , at the beginning theres a gunfight shootout with the indians and then the indians on their horses ride in for the fight screaming and yelling .
    The first verse comes in where you start to hear indian chanting going on , thanks for the feedback Lynn .

Load your guns cowboys , more on the way !
    James

Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/19 17:43:14 (permalink)
    Interesting theme. Pink Floyd in the old west here we come!

Nice!

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/19 18:17:43 (permalink)
    Guitarpima

Interesting theme. Pink Floyd in the old west here we come!

Nice!

Ummm Pink Floyd , what were those indians smoking in their pipes back then ? No wonder they were chanting and dancing around the camp fire and blowing smoke in their tee pees ! LOL

Thanks Buddy - James

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/19 21:02:55 (permalink)
    I didn't know there were cowboys in India but now I've heard it with my own ears!

String Jammer
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/20 00:35:21 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

I didn't know there were cowboys in India but now I've heard it with my own ears!

INDIA where did that come from might I ask , maybe scotty beamed them up and they landed in India ! LOL
    You could work your magic with your fiddle and beam them back into the wild Wild West with all guns and arrows flying every which way !

Just for the record I used a flute synth because indians use flutes in their music , checkout some American Indian music . I have about five well know American Indian albums and they all use flutes of some kind in their music .
    Whatever vibe you get from this music I happen to like it the way it is but again we all hear what we want out of music and we all either like it or dislike it .

Thanks Scotty ! James

post edited by THE NIGHT FOX - 2012/07/20 02:58:54
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/20 12:38:20 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Music from India http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwp9Aw96hU

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/20 12:59:34 (permalink)
    I found this cool American Indian music on youtube , love this indians drum kit !
    Yes American Indian music has changed over the years , very cool video and great music .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJqQXh7PAY&feature=related

Freddy J
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2348
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/22 21:31:49 (permalink)
    You've got some interesting sounds going on here.  I look forward to hearing more.

Freddy J
    Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/22 22:43:25 (permalink)
    Well, James, to be politically correct, Indians are from India.

String Jammer
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/22 23:34:28 (permalink)
    Freddy J

You've got some interesting sounds going on here.  I look forward to hearing more.

Freddy J

Thanks Freddy , I jsut received an e-mail from SoundClick today telling me my this little tune is now on their station plus it hit the #3 on the charts I listed it under so thats cool .
    Yea I plan on adding some more to it but I'm not rushing , right now I'm trying to workup some fresh ideals for the next section .
    I plan on changing the drum pattern a bit and pick up the pace some with some new added sound effects .

Thanks for the listen and comment -James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/22 23:40:16 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Well, James, to be politically correct, Indians are from India.

Thanks for the history lesson , I didn't know that . I must had been hitting up on the girls and missed that during my history class .
    I was doing alittle POW WOWING of my own . I'm sorry teacher I missed that could you run that by me again ! LOL

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/23 01:28:42 (permalink)
    Not sure what to think of this TBH. I mean, there's nothing bad going on. But nothing jumped out at me and said LISTEN!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/23 11:51:46 (permalink)
    bapu

Not sure what to think of this TBH. I mean, there's nothing bad going on. But nothing jumped out at me and said LISTEN!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Maybe I had a dream with Cowboys and Indians shooting it out and this is what I ended up with hell I don't know . It was something I felt like messing around with , yes its short but there will be more sooner or later .
    Right now I'm working on another music project for a friend of mine who likes flightsimming , thought I might work up some music and try making a nice flightsim video for him and his web site which happens to be a flightsim web site something he has been running for 13 years .

Keep your boots on Cowboy I will be adding more to this little music theme song , more indians and cowboys and some other things coming .
    But for now I'm taking a break from this tune and working on something else , sometimes its good to switch gears to something else .

Thanks for the listen -James

darylcrowley
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2700
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/24 22:09:41 (permalink)
    Ditito on what Lynn said.   But I like this and it's a cool concept.  Nice mix.

Daryl

Daryl Crowley
    Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
    Windows 7 64bit Professional
    Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
    http://www.darylcrowley.com/
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/25 00:11:29 (permalink)
    Hey James, this has a lot of potential.  I don't know if it needs to be expanded some of Pink Floyds stuff only went for a couple of minutes.  If you were doing an album this would make an excellent bridging peace from one particular peice to the next.

What I would have liked is a little more bottom end but I have a fetish for bottom end, hmm sounds like a double entendre.

All in all you are coming along in leaps and bounds James.

Keep up the good work. Peace Ben 

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/25 00:35:54 (permalink)
    darylcrowley

Ditito on what Lynn said.   But I like this and it's a cool concept.  Nice mix.

Daryl

Sorry for the slow reply Daryl started another flightsim instrumental song for a good long time buddy so I have been working on that for the last few days . Its too early to tell but so far its really sounding great , might be one of my best so far if I can keep going with it and not mess it up .

On this tune thanks for the listen and comment , if you liked the mix in this one wait till you listen this new one . It beats this one by a long shot , anyway I stepped away to check the forum out .

Thanks agin Daryl -James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:COWBOYS AND INDIANS 2012/07/25 00:47:45 (permalink)
    BenMMusTech

Hey James, this has a lot of potential.  I don't know if it needs to be expanded some of Pink Floyds stuff only went for a couple of minutes.  If you were doing an album this would make an excellent bridging peace from one particular peice to the next.

What I would have liked is a little more bottom end but I have a fetish for bottom end, hmm sounds like a double entendre.

All in all you are coming along in leaps and bounds James.

Keep up the good work. Peace Ben 

Thanks Ben for the support , I'm sort working on two tunes at the same time you might say this one and this other new tune I created for my long time flightsim buddy .
    Even thou I don't flightsim very much because of my music we still chat back and forth and he keeps me up to date with his flightsim hobby he enjoys .
    So I decided to surprise him with another flightsim video , he likes to post them on his flightsim web site he has had for over ten years .

My exwife has been gone for two months now and today I started thinking Wow maybe the lack of stress is getting me back into the groove again , you might say I have notice I'm making a comback and making some nice improvments with my music .
    Maybe the stress over the last year or so took a hit on me , the exwife I believe is the cause of most of it along with some other health issues I have to deal with daily .

Anyway so much for that dark stuff , thanks for the heads up . It might be awhile but I do plan on adding more to this theme song .

Cheers ! James

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1