Where did Beatscape install?

Author
Moe Shinola
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2012/07/31 05:15:53 (permalink)

Where did Beatscape install?

I just ran the install DVD for Beatscape(Disk 2 of 4) and all the factory sounds installed. Great! The actual instrument is not showing up in Sonar, or in Orion(which hosts DXi). I looked in the destination folders and there's no subfolder in the vstplugins folder like there should be, and in the Beatscape subfolder under Cakewalk, it appears that everything is there except the .dll. Is this a common issue? Is the actual instrument on one of the other disks?

"Every man's ME is the dullest part of him."
-William S, Burroughs

http://soundcloud.com/search?q[fulltext]=Moe+Shinola

2 Replies Related Threads

Linear Phase
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2201
    Re:Where did Beatscape install? 2012/07/31 06:17:03 (permalink)
    My beatscape also did not install itself into Cakewalk/vstplugins  it automatically installed into my second folder, Program Files/vstplugins....

fyi..  I also have a third folder Program Files(x86)/stienberg/vstplugins...

Are you in the same boat?  do you have multiple vst folders, for various reasons, "like installers creating them, and Cakewalk creating them, and you creating them?"

I would suggest that you add any vstfolder path you are using, to your Sonar Preferences, and do a rescan.  Currently I am using my Program Files(x86)/stienberg/vstplugins as a, "trash can," for 32 bit plugins, that do not give me the option to, "not install the 32bit versions," when they also have a 64 bit version.

I try and keep all my Cakewalk plugs in Cakewalk/vstplugins but for some odd reason Beatscape is in my regular Program Files/vstplugins...  That could be because, my Program Files/vstplugins is filled with a mix of 64 bit plugsins + 32 bit plugins that do not have a 64 bit versions....

I know that is quite confusing..  I hope it helps.  Cheers

too many lasers...

Sonar = audio editing ninja of a music software!

Moe Shinola
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    Re:Where did Beatscape install? 2012/07/31 16:25:53 (permalink)
     Yup it was right there thanks.

"Every man's ME is the dullest part of him."
    -William S, Burroughs

http://soundcloud.com/search?q[fulltext]=Moe+Shinola
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1