Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing

Author
VennDiagram
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2012/08/06 12:48:28 (permalink)

Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing

Ok here's the deal.
I used to use Project 5 on an XP based system.
This passed few month I've immigrated to Canada and bought a 3.4ghz Intel Mac (Quacore) OSX 10.7.4.
My Installer disks and registration numbers are for a PPC based version of Dimension Pro so I cannot Install Dim pro on my new computer.
The 1.2 disk image is damaged and I get a warning from OSX telling me install may impair machine performance - installer is faulty and will not install.
Go to 1.3 full installer -
1.Installer starts
2.Installer asks for my registration number (as I need to get the original library of my 2 DVD installer disks)
3.I enter registration Number
4.I get message that this is a registration number for a PPC installer disk and that the Installer cannot proceed.
5. I cannot Install Dimension Pro on this computer

I go to my account - Project 5 V1.5 + V2.0 and Dimension Pro are showing up as being restored (as I would expect), however there is not a single link for an upgrade in my "downloads section" of the "my account page".

Now perhaps some genius can work this out as my last support request was never returned, my last one I am still waiting for a reply on and my first one addressed the email account issues I was having but didn't address any of the other issues.

How the hell do I get Dimension Pro Installed and working in this situation ?
Enquiring minds would love to know. 

7 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 14:16:21 (permalink)
    Project 5 only included Dimension - not Dimension pro.  That was a PC program only. So unless you upgraded to DimPro you are out of luck.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the Cake response is to damaged disks.  You should be able to get them replaced w/ the Mac version included, but there is time and money involved.  Since you are in North America just call the tech number if you are really anxious.  That would be the quickest way.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    VennDiagram
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 15:58:56 (permalink)
    AT

Project 5 only included Dimension - not Dimension pro.  That was a PC program only. So unless you upgraded to DimPro you are out of luck.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the Cake response is to damaged disks.  You should be able to get them replaced w/ the Mac version included, but there is time and money involved.  Since you are in North America just call the tech number if you are really anxious.  That would be the quickest way.

@

AT - 

I  bought Dimension Pro Seperately as a cross grade to use in Live back in the day on my old system).    - I have a separately registered VERSION 1.0 BOXED Version that I paid for.    - OSX 10.7+ will not load information from a disk designed for PPC installation only.

- When you run the 1.3 installer and it prompts you to enter your Registration Number you even get a dialogue box telling you it cannot extract information     from a PPC installer disk (so you do not even get as far as inserting the disk to get the sound library off it).
       - My Installer disks are not damaged in any way shape or form either I might add it is the installers on them that OSX 10.7+ will not touch.
       - Why I cannot just be given a link to the 1.5 download (full version) whenI have a paid up full Dimension Pro license is beyond me (I paid a lot more for it than
         it is currently selling for i might add) and don't see why I should have to pay for the software twice IMHO.

BEATZM1D10T
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 285
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 17:30:10 (permalink)
    You're out of luck with 10.7 anyways. Even if you could get the downloads it wouldn't work: http://www.cakewalk.com/S...reader.aspx/2007013259
    VennDiagram
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 17:44:30 (permalink)
    BEATZM1D10T

You're out of luck with 10.7 anyways. Even if you could get the downloads it wouldn't work: http://www.cakewalk.com/S...reader.aspx/2007013259

They didn't even mention that is my first support email and I made it quite clear I was on a brand new 27" iMac.
    It's not like Lion hasn't been out for some time.
    Guess I won't be purchasing anything from Cakewalk ever again (lucked out on Project 5 also) - once bitten twice shy or so they say.
    How has support been since Roland took over - or is that a silly question to ask.
    Do they have plans to even make a Lion compatible version at all.
    Nothing like being stuck with software you can't use and licenses you cannot resell.
    Slightly unimpressed is all I'll say.
    It's just like flushing a few hundred quid down the toilet but I digress.

VennDiagram
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 17:45:30 (permalink)
    Can I just thank host of you for your replies.
    The help has been appreciated. 
    BEATZM1D10T
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 285
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 18:08:30 (permalink)
    VennDiagram

BEATZM1D10T

You're out of luck with 10.7 anyways. Even if you could get the downloads it wouldn't work: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013259

They didn't even mention that is my first support email and I made it quite clear I was on a brand new 27" iMac.
    It's not like Lion hasn't been out for some time.
    Guess I won't be purchasing anything from Cakewalk ever again (lucked out on Project 5 also) - once bitten twice shy or so they say.
    How has support been since Roland took over - or is that a silly question to ask.
    Do they have plans to even make a Lion compatible version at all.
    Nothing like being stuck with software you can't use and licenses you cannot resell.
    Slightly unimpressed is all I'll say.
    It's just like flushing a few hundred quid down the toilet but I digress.

Cakewalk supports Z3ta+2 on 10.7. There's never been any word on 10.7 Dimension. It sucks but Dimension is quite old now and they seem to be bundling it for free on the Windows side. AFAIK Roland never took over, it's still Cakewalk when I give them a call in RE: to SONAR or when ordering upgrades.

It would probably be a better question to ask Apple why they keep breaking backwards compatibility on every OS release ;) Cakewalk isn't the only victim of this haha. I've got licenses for things that will only work on MSDOS... It's the nature of 'moving forward'. It sucks...
    myconsumerclub
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 410
    Re:Support not responding to help request - Dimension Pro big problems this end installing 2012/08/06 22:42:34 (permalink)
    I had to upgrade to sonar x1 after I upgraded to win 7 or my sonar wouldn't work. I actually had to switch to reaper for a while.

Samsung I7 8 mb ram windows 8 64 bit on everything x2 & X1 producer line 6 podfarm gold interface event monitors Ibanez rg 350 guitar and GA6CE classical edirol pcr 500 keystation 88 plugins out the wazoo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1