Rapture and Dimension Pro on Mac OS 10.7 and Above?

Author
colinssx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/08/08 01:32:16 (permalink)

Rapture and Dimension Pro on Mac OS 10.7 and Above?

I have been unable to run Rapture 1.2.2 or Dimension 1.5 on my MacBook Pro since I purchased them last Christmas due to an incompatibility in the installer. The reason for this is that OS X 10.7 dropped support for PowerPC based software, and the installer's registration system is incompatible with Intel Macs (screenshot is attached).

I discovered an hour or so ago that Z3TA+ 2 is now available for Mac OS X, so after successfully installing Z3TA on my Mac I went back and tried to install Rapture and Dimension again. For whatever reason, both of those products are still incompatible with OS X 10.7 and above, despite Z3TA+ 2 working perfectly. I had hoped for a fix, but unless I've somehow missed a crucial update it seems my hopes were in vain.

Please tell me that you're going to update these products in the near future, I'd very much like to use them on my Mac and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You've had years now to get them working under the latest OS update, and considering you just ported an entire product to work with the latest version of OS X it really shouldn't be THAT hard to fix the installer for your older ones. I suppose I'll just enjoy Z3TA+ 2 while I wait.

Thanks,
Colin
post edited by colinssx - 2012/08/08 01:34:18

1 Reply Related Threads

gabegarza1021
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Rapture and Dimension Pro on Mac OS 10.7 and Above? 2012/08/10 00:39:17 (permalink)

You can but you have to find a MAC with 10.6.x with Rosetta on. This thread talks about it.
    http://www.kvraudio.com/f...ht=rapture&start=0

After installing on a MAC with 10.6.x or lower, basiclly you have to copy files from certian locations as well as a plist file (secret file if you will) that has the same date as the Rapture/Dimension Pro plist. This was the one file (which is named in that link) that stopped me from getting both Rapture and Dimension Pro from working on my MAC.

Once you've copied and saved the files, you'll never have to use the installer again.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1