Howto use SI BASS

Author
darrenpatrick
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
2012/08/21 00:09:43 (permalink)

Howto use SI BASS

As you can tell I am new to Sonar and it's features, I am trying to lay down a bass track using one of the pre programed styles. I can drag the style over to the track but have no control of it. I want to change the key progression but am unable to. One thing that I am getting frustrated with this program in general is the lack of information as to how to use it. Thank goodness for the individuals that post videos on Youtube. What I want to do is drag a pattern into my track and then change the key progression throughout the song. I use a keyboard as my midi device. Is it how my preferences are set up or is this not possible. If not then what is the point of all the different patterns?

4 Replies Related Threads

darrenpatrick
    Re:Howto use SI BASS 2012/08/21 12:59:48 (permalink)
    I figured it out using the transpose
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Howto use SI BASS 2012/08/21 18:37:26 (permalink)
    That adjusts the output from the SI Bass synth. The actual MIDI data is unaffected.
    It also changes pitch for the entire track. If that is what you want it to do, that's fine.
    You can get control of the MIDI by switching to the PRV. Here, you can play with individual notes or patterns.
    You can drag a pattern up or down to play different notes for more variety and realism.
    You can also add/delete/move individual notes.
    Those patterns give you something to start with, and you can create something fairly interesting just using them, but you have the ability to manipulate them into something you can call your own.
    PRV is your friend. Check it out.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Bonjo
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 205
    Re:Howto use SI BASS 2012/08/23 03:26:01 (permalink)
    Good info, RB. 8-)

Win10 64-bit. Intel i7QuadCore 4.20GHz. 32Gb Ram. Sonar Platinum.

darrenpatrick
    Re:Howto use SI BASS 2012/09/05 20:12:39 (permalink)
    Thanks Robert, I knew that you could manipulate the notes in Piano roll view, it just seemed cumbersome and was curious if there was a better way
    RobertB

That adjusts the output from the SI Bass synth. The actual MIDI data is unaffected.
    It also changes pitch for the entire track. If that is what you want it to do, that's fine.
    You can get control of the MIDI by switching to the PRV. Here, you can play with individual notes or patterns.
    You can drag a pattern up or down to play different notes for more variety and realism.
    You can also add/delete/move individual notes.
    Those patterns give you something to start with, and you can create something fairly interesting just using them, but you have the ability to manipulate them into something you can call your own.
    PRV is your friend. Check it out.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1