Hello all....

Author
Fantom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/08/28 13:44:36 (permalink)

Hello all....

Just joined the forum,and have been a cakewalk user for many many years,love it. 

I have a question that may or may not be answered.  It's a simple one.

I'm a solo keyboard musician and singer,I've stuck with pro audio 9 for many years,no need to upgrade the laptop and putting a more update version of cakewalk,I pretty much am able to do everything I need with pro audio 9. Maybe down the road a bit,I'll change my attitude,but for right now,I'm content.

My question is this:  Sometimes in my midi sequences,I have text events that list the lyrics. I would simply like to change all "text" events into "lyric" events.  There is nothing on the "interpolate" function to do this,the only way I know how is to go into event view,and change line by line by line all the text events into lyric events. Time consuming,and a major PITA.  I would appreciate(if there is a solution anyway) how to do this STEP BY STEP.  I'm not familiar with CAL events,but I can with your help understand what I need to do to make this happen. 

If not,thanks to all for reading this anyways,and for a great forum!   I plan on checking it out intensively in the days to come!!!

Fantom

(Edited September 3,2012)   77 reads,and NO replies??????   Even an answer to say "I don't know" would have been better than the number 0...  I thought this forum had good activity... 
post edited by Fantom - 2012/09/03 20:18:04

2 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re:Hello all.... 2012/09/04 19:40:01 (permalink)
    Welcome to Cakewalk Forums!

Since your Q probably applies to all versions, try posting in one or all of the Sonar Forums. As you can see, no one really hangs out here much.

Steve
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    Re:Hello all.... 2012/09/05 11:47:37 (permalink)
    I can't see how to use the "interpolate" function to convert from text to lyric either.  I've used interpolate to do other changes and find it a somewhat confusing interface.  However, in this case I made no progress at all.

Do you know that a Lyric event can include only one word or syllable?  A space or dash/hyphen will terminate the lyric text. 

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1