Z3ta+ 1.5 Crashing Reaper [DAW], legacy software recieving no tech support, what to do?

Author
Tiger_Widow
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/11/21 22:31:25 (permalink)

Z3ta+ 1.5 Crashing Reaper [DAW], legacy software recieving no tech support, what to do?

Hi there. I've had to sign up to these forums to ask for some advice. I recieved a copy of Z3ta+ 1.53 from Computer music magazine a couple of months back and had been experiencing crashes around the time. After a complete uninstal and slow re-instal of everything to try and find the cuplrit I never got round to re-installing Z3ta and had experienced no crashes since. I've recently re-installed Z3ta and without fail reaper will crash and become non responsive, grey out and hang indefinately until I reboot the computer. It will crash within about 30 seconds of me initializing an instance of Z3ta. It will also crash immediately if I attempt to change to a different sound back by clicking a letter along the top. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Computer music magazine has told me that I need to take the problem up with the manufacturer, and Cakewalk are no longer providing technical support for legacy software. My only option left is to come here on to the forums and state my situation. Any advise here would be very greatfully recieved. I've been getting in to Rhino which I've heard is very similar to Z3ta, I've also been checking out a lot of info about Z3ta+2 and from what I've garnered Z3ta is a beast of a synth, which only compounds my frustration in not being able to put it to any use. What am I to do?! Thanks in advance for any replies.
post edited by Tiger_Widow - 2012/11/21 22:33:13

1 Reply Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Z3ta+ 1.5 Crashing Reaper [DAW], legacy software recieving no tech support, what to do? 2012/11/22 00:47:10 (permalink)
    Z3ta is a real cpu hog, so, if you computer ain't up to snuff it could cause problems.  One of the things to check is the synthesis rating - try demo mode.  I forget where it is - one fo the drop down menus.

Also, have you tried the stand alone version (or did that come w/ CM?).  That will show you if it is Z3TA or the interaction in Reaper.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1