Rapture Saving Presets

Author
Auriga
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/11/26 08:48:16 (permalink)

Rapture Saving Presets

Hi, Just bought Rapture and I really like it, however I'm finding saving programs a complete hassle/cumbersome. Every time you load an oscillator WAV which are located in the program files folder, the path is then remembered. So when it comes to saving a program the path is in program files so you then have to navigate all the way back to 'c:/users/all users/program data/cakewalk..' etc just to save a program... which is a VERY long path. Why can't a separate buffer be used to remember both paths, ie; last waveform directory when loading WAVs, and a second for saving presets. I can't see how the browser should ever need to go anywhere else when saving a program, and likewise when loading an Oscillator WAV. Perhaps I am overlooking something as I've had a quick search and it doesn't seem to mentioned on the forum, so if anyone can enlighten me on how to work with this I'd be interested. Otherwise I can't see myself using it much outside of a preset synth, which is a shame as it is very pleasurable and well thought out to program. thanks for any hints!

4 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Rapture Saving Presets 2012/11/26 10:15:45 (permalink)
    You can write in a new patch name up at the top - not the vst file button.

Cake follows the windows format religiously.  Good for them and MS and tech stuff, but it seems like info is all over C: drive.  I just upgraded my computer and it took weeks to get everything loaded and working and figuring out where to put samples and presets.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Auriga
    Re:Rapture Saving Presets 2012/11/26 10:59:27 (permalink)
    Hi AT, Thanks for responding, not sure what you mean though, clicking on the file name opens the windows browser to choose location for me (I'm using it standalone-microhost for the moment). This leads to the issue I describe above, the browser is in c:/program files instead of where the programs are located assuming you've loaded a waveform. Really hoping I've missed something.. I'm currently stressed trying to relocate the multisamples folder, the reg key does not work I think because I have user accounts disabled on win7, can't think of any other reason, but Rapture ignores the 'Multisamples Folder' key. I've tried it in HKCU (where the rest of the Rapture keys have been inserted) and also created the structure in HKLM described in the FAQ with no joy. Why they can't have a browse for location of multisamples and programs in the options page I will never understand. I've implemented this myself in the past, it is not difficult or time consuming... I've noticed in the registry the 'Last File' key which I suppose I could create a .reg file to change it to set the program folder before clicking save, but it just seems such a pointless waste. All the effort that's gone into creating a great synth and such simple things that make it pleasurable and workflow friendly have been neglected... sigh...
    Breeezer
    Re:Rapture Saving Presets 2012/11/26 16:45:09 (permalink)
    IMHO, there should be one location for both programs and samples. It would be so much easier to manage. As per my post" http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2722967 ...BTW, why aren't new forum users allowed to preview their posts or format their paragraphs properly?...
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Rapture Saving Presets 2012/11/26 18:40:10 (permalink)
    AT

You can write in a new patch name up at the top - not the vst file button.

Cake follows the windows format religiously.  Good for them and MS and tech stuff, but it seems like info is all over C: drive.  I just upgraded my computer and it took weeks to get everything loaded and working and figuring out where to put samples and presets.

@

cakewalk seem to over complicate things for no reason, your not the only one.. e.g the browser/patch standard doesn't conform to anything else like kore etc.

sfz for sd 2 and 3, you need multiple ones per kit.. should be able to chuck it one and done

post edited by Fog - 2012/11/26 18:42:03
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1