Re-install problems with Guitar Rig

Author
profnick
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2013/01/07 09:22:28 (permalink)

Re-install problems with Guitar Rig

Hi, Due to a hard disk crash I've had to reinstall my GTP4 on a new drive. All seems well but every time I try to load a project or start a new one I get the following message: "The following plug-ins are referred to by this project but could not be found. They may be missing or improperly installed on your system" and underneath it says" Guitar Rig 3 (Track: 'Guitar')" Guitar rig 3 was installed as part of the GTP4 suite and runs fine in standalone. Any thoughts? Thanks Nick

4 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Re-install problems with Guitar Rig 2013/01/08 12:10:50 (permalink)

Hi there Nick, long time no see!

There is probably a very quick solution here, and it would explain why you are getting the message, as well as to why the standalone version of Guitar Rig is working fine.

Firstly, GTP4 has to know where the VST version of Guitar Rig is on your system. If you've reinstalled Guitar Rig to a folder that isn't included in GTP's list of plug-in folder, you will get the error message.

If it is in one of those folders, just run the VST scan/adapter from within GTP4 and it will then be available to use.

If it isn't in one of the designated folders, you can either copy the plug-in's .dll file into one of the designated folders, or start the VST scanner and add the folder the .dll is in to the list. Either way, you will need to run a full VST scan afterwards.

If you're not certain where the .dll installed to, and you allowed it to install to the default location, just run the installation disc and check where that folder is created (before, obviously, ending the installation process).

Hope that gets it working for you.

Steve

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2013/01/08 12:16:51

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

profnick
    Re:Re-install problems with Guitar Rig 2013/01/09 08:32:37 (permalink)
    Thanks Steve, Initially the problem was, as you say attmepting to install in a non default location but having uninstalled again and cleared all reference from the registry, the install program still wants to put the plugins in my original choice location and won't let me change it. I'll see if your suggestions work and report back. Nick
    profnick
    Re:Re-install problems with Guitar Rig 2013/01/13 11:43:56 (permalink)
    Steve, Spot on. I used the VST config tool to point to the folder that contained the Guitar Rig files and away it went! Thanks again. Nick
    SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Re-install problems with Guitar Rig 2013/01/13 12:53:51 (permalink)

Great stuff Nick - glad you got it sorted!

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1