Author
Jason Gray
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 243
2013/01/22 14:08:13 (permalink)

Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their

Just asking a few question about vielklang Instant Harmony 2 with X2
Is anybody using this, if so:
Does the drag and drop midi from vielklang Instant Harmony 2 too x2 work okay ?
Has this been stable with x2 ?
what are your views on the new pitch correction tools/layout ?, iam looking for a more intergrated option with the drag and drop etc as suppose to melodyne i was not so keen on as a plugin and this Instant Harmony 2 seems to tick the boxes from what i see in the video.

any other info appreciated, i will try out the demo but it will have its limits, so always good to here other user reviews and oppinions etc.

Thanks

How to setup drum maps the easy way
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz8iPy9mIkNyX2dTcXRzSEVSUlNscXdETTROZTIyZw
Sonar X3 with Addictive Drums - everything you need (Templates, Maps etc. ) 
http://ge.tt/4mjHdSt/v/0

9 Replies Related Threads

Jason Gray
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2013/01/25 09:07:26 (permalink)

http://www.zplane.de/products/plugins/vielklang

Okay for those that are interested i tested what i could with the demo, and personally i think its much better than melodyne, much simpler to use and intergrated better with your DAW of choice, their is no exporting and importing needed, it can all be done with drag and drop including audio to midi, which also gives you much better results than v-vocal.
    And i found It great to uses for pitch correction as well as the creative potentional not forgetting the harmony aspect is really fun and infinate with creative possabilities here again, I have tried all similar vst and other such intergrated soloutions like in studio one, and its almost as easy to use as melodyne in S1, but its features and funtions far outway any other programme i have used, it can do so much more, and at the price, Iam on it. I can imagine although guessing it may be the same technology as the cubase vocal & pitch correction funtion looks very similar, but it does sem to have many more editing options.

I would reccomend taking a good look at this, although one word of caution although i cant be 100% sure,i think i may have encountered the same issue that melodyne has, when looping in sonar x2, it will ony play the vielklang Instant Harmony once on the second sweep' Instant Harmony just continues on playing,cant seem to loop the phrase in Instant Harmony,may just be me not yet knowing enough or limitation of the demo or may be sonar as it is a known problem. but either way, i can still just copy the effected Instant Harmony Phrase to another audio track in sonar, still the best vst of this kind i have found anywhere. I cant see cakewalk coming anywhere close to this in the future or ever to tell you the truth,The vielklang algorythms and pitch correction etc is a technolog incorporated into other programms and vst and a leader with this technology from what i read, its got my imediate attention. 

ltb
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2707
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2013/01/25 09:22:42 (permalink)
    I tried this a few years ago & although you can do a few cool things like horn harmonies in general I wasn't very impressed & passed on purchasing. 

I see the price jumped up too, the previous version was on sale a few ago for IIRC $30?

Jason Gray
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2013/01/25 09:44:51 (permalink)
    carl

I tried this a few years ago & although you can do a few cool things like horn harmonies in general I wasn't very impressed & passed on purchasing. 

I see the price jumped up too, the previous version was on sale a few ago for IIRC $30?

I tried this a few years ago & although you can do a few cool things like horn harmonies in general I wasn't very impressed & passed on purchasing. I see the price jumped up too, the previous version was on sale a few ago for IIRC $30?

Yes i agree on the older versions being quite basic, I have used that v1 version also, but i just used to use it for the audio to midi in ableton so for me it did its job, although now they have added the Vocal correction page tools etc, it really has come into its own, and it is better than melodyne which i had used for about a year, i can only compare it to what cubase has only but with better editing option, you may be surprised Carl.

I guess really i was just hoping for the confirmation it is stable as can be in sonar x2, considering sonar can be prone to crashing for the slightest of reasons in some areas, I am giving Instant Harmony V2.0 my vote so to speak, but with anything like this in sonar, Sonar does have a knack for weeding out any faults, so i have learned what type of vst can be problematic in Sonar and this is on the list, so its a case of do i dont i, guess its timeto test in a few other DAWS also.

Thanks for the reply.

Jason Gray
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2013/01/25 11:09:57 (permalink)
    Just in reguards to the looping of this instant harmony in sonar when using thwe loop brace,  just done some test in another daw and it is the same as with melodyne for those that know what i refer too, still broke and not working, i wish cakewalk would fix this.

Featherlight
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 429
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2014/04/15 15:50:50 (permalink)
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has used this with Sonar X3 without any problems?

This is really powerful software when it comes to harmony vocal work and its generation tools appear to be miles above Anteres and Melodyne. Can any Melodyne Editor users chime in on the harmony creation side of things? Does the Editor version of Melodyne have any of the same harmony creation tools?

Thanks in advance...

http://www.featherlightstudio.com/studio

Computer: Intel i7 Quad, Intel P7P55D mobo, 16gig Corsair, Nvidia 8600gs Fanless
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Computer: Mac Mini i7 Quad Core Server, Intel mobo, 16 gig DDR3, 2-USB3 Audio Drvs, Mavericks
    Audio Interface: Mackie 1640i Firewire Mixer on a 1394 400 TI Chip
    Peripherals: 3 UAD-1 PCie, Ilok 2, MIDI'd Yamaha Motif xs,
    Featherlight
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2014/04/16 04:13:35 (permalink)
    Nobody, nada, none??

Computer: Intel i7 Quad, Intel P7P55D mobo, 16gig Corsair, Nvidia 8600gs Fanless
    Computer: Mac Mini i7 Quad Core Server, Intel mobo, 16 gig DDR3, 2-USB3 Audio Drvs, Mavericks
    tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2014/04/16 04:20:19 (permalink)
    Just came across this thread. I have Veilklang ver 2, but sadly, I've never really use it. I though of using it for wind band arrangement, but ended up doing most arrangement manually.

I'll check back this thread later and see if I can help as I'm about to go out now.

Albert

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz / MB Intel DP67BG / 16GB Ram
    - ADATA 250GB SSD (Boot)
    - Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD (Samples)
    Audio interface : Motu 828 MK ii

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz / MB Asrock Z170 / 16GB Ram
    - Samsung EVO 850 120GB / 500 GB SSD

Audio interface : Roland Quad Capture

Win 10 Pro / Sonar Platinum
    Featherlight
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2014/04/16 14:36:32 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply Albert,

Really intrigued by this plugin but cant seem to find anybody who is using it with Sonar X3? For harmony work, this looks to be far above the capabilities of Anteres and Melodyne but I would love some feedback from Sonar users first.

How is the operation in the 64 bit version of Sonar, any conflicts from other plugs, ect? Can the Editor version of Melodyne compete with this?
    Any experience you have would be great to hear.

tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:Any X2 & vielklang Instant Harmony 2 users out their 2014/04/29 19:51:34 (permalink)
    Sorry for the late reply. I was doing a few projects soon. I've just finish a project recording a female vocalist and I was thinking of testing it with Vielklang (ver 2).

I have this for so long and it just sits at the bottom of the VST instrument menu that I felt sorry I've never really use it. You insert Vielklang as an instrument to an audio track and not as an effect. Once inserted you shall load a wave file. For the test, I export the existing vocal track out and reload it into Vielklang and it begins to analyse the wave file immediately. The screen looks familiar, like Melodyne.. 

Vielklang suggested a key correctly and completed the harmony part quickly. I did not tweak any setting - just to see what comes out by default. It produces a 4 part harmony correctly and in my case, it's a rock tune with all common diatonic chords.

I would mix the Vielklang harmony track by using Sonar automation on selected parts.

Immediately the song sounded better on the harmonized parts. It sounds natural as long as you do not mix it too loud. All is good, until I exported it out. I think it was mentioned in a recent thread too. Vielklang drifted a little after about 2 mins and sounds like a delay. At the start of the song, it sounded tight.

So.. at the current state, it's not quite usable yet - unless you export short clips, re-import it back to Sonar and check the timing. The other thread also seems to mentioned Zplane is aware if this. Once the issue is fixed this is a handy tool to add some harmony without much work. There are other capabilities too that I did not try such as exporting the harmony parts out as wave and midi.

Albert

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz / MB Intel DP67BG / 16GB Ram
    - ADATA 250GB SSD (Boot)
    - Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD (Samples)
    Audio interface : Motu 828 MK ii

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz / MB Asrock Z170 / 16GB Ram
    - Samsung EVO 850 120GB / 500 GB SSD

Audio interface : Roland Quad Capture

Win 10 Pro / Sonar Platinum
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1