CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface

Author
fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
2013/02/07 09:08:50 (permalink)

CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface

This was posted by a user on another forum.  Anyone have an answer for him?

I have a CME UF5 and I can't find drivers for Windows 7. I have a RME Babyface Audio/MIDI interface using Sonar X2 Producer. Am I correct in thinking that I simply need to plug a cable from the MIDI out on the CME to the MIDI in on the Babyface? If so, is this the only option?

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.

5 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface 2013/02/14 20:58:21 (permalink)
    that CME unit, depends on what ports it has.. down to the company to update the drives..

at worse they could just get a midi interface with decent drivers and use the CME.. 

only problem is powering it, does it do it over the USB bus or separate PSU ?

it might even use windows own midi code ? and a virtual midi driver.. much like yamaha used to use a virtual midi port for a few things I have.

JTMusicVA
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re:CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface 2013/03/08 20:09:04 (permalink)
    I have that same controller. There is no support for it for Windows 7 - I think the company blew it off for the later model controllers they are trying to sell.
    Power it with the power supply, DON'T connect the USB cable to it, and simply use MIDI - use it as a simple MIDI controller.
    Not the answer we want, but, it is how it is...... sorry...

The Stuff: Sonar X2a Producer 64 AND 32-bit installed (!!!), jBridger, old-school analog VST synths, PC (AMD 4-core CPU @ 3.7GHz, 16GB RAM, SSD drive (32GB)), Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, Lexicon Omega & EgoSys Waveterminal 192L audio interfaces, ART DI/O tube A/D/A converter-Tung Sol tube, Novation RemoteZero SL controller, Novation X-Synth, BOSS DR-660 drum mach., Mackie MR5 monitors, Focusrite VRM Box, AT M50 headphones... blah blah blah...
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface 2013/03/11 17:10:14 (permalink)
    JTMusicVA

I have that same controller. There is no support for it for Windows 7 - I think the company blew it off for the later model controllers they are trying to sell.
    Power it with the power supply, DON'T connect the USB cable to it, and simply use MIDI - use it as a simple MIDI controller.
    Not the answer we want, but, it is how it is...... sorry...
    My experience as well. Got nothing out of it properly with USB even with Win XP.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    buildingsees
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface 2016/07/16 21:50:44 (permalink)
    the only solution for this is to power it with a dc power supply and connect midi through the standard midi out to your hardware or to a computer using a usb interface.  I had the uf5, and had to do this.  Then just recently bought a used uf7, that even came with the cd rom with the drivers, but the installation failed (windows 10), even trying it in compatibility mode.  You could try powering it with the usb cable, but then doing so bypasses the standard midi out port and you will not be able to send midi.

kinda sucks, because these are very nice keyboards.

JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re:CME UF5 Controller Keyboard with Windows 7, Sonar X2, RME Babyface 2016/07/17 11:17:08 (permalink)
    buildingsees
    the only solution for this is to power it with a dc power supply and connect midi through the standard midi out to your hardware or to a computer using a usb interface.  I had the uf5, and had to do this.  Then just recently bought a used uf7, that even came with the cd rom with the drivers, but the installation failed (windows 10), even trying it in compatibility mode.  You could try powering it with the usb cable, but then doing so bypasses the standard midi out port and you will not be able to send midi.

kinda sucks, because these are very nice keyboards.

I had to do this too (when I used my UF5, which is now in the closet).  BTW, this is a 3-year old thread.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1