Sonar VS - Audio Driver Modes (WDM) PC CRASH!

Author
planetxxx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2013/02/15 06:08:43 (permalink)

Sonar VS - Audio Driver Modes (WDM) PC CRASH!

Hi, if someone can help me out with the problem I've been experiencing i would be exceptionally grateful.

I installed the Sonar VS software (i.e that came with V-Studio 100) on my Windows 7 64 computer two days ago and everything appeared to be a-ok.

I then (foolishly) went into the audio options in Sonar VS and selected 'WDM' in the drop-down options for 'driver mode'.
When the software was next opened, the Wave Profiler checking my pc configuration for 'WDM Kernal Streaming' which it seems my computer cannot support - and this then caused my pc to crash into a blue screen of death.

I now cannot open the software (my pc crashes every time i try to open it) and so i do not know how to revert back to my original audio driver options. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but this makes no difference.

There must be a file on my pc telling the software that it thinks i want to configure WDM kernal streaming - does anyone know what file that is and how i can amend it so that i can at least open the software (and then if necessary go to audio options and revert back to original settings)?

I'm aware of the AUD.ini file which seems to relate in some way to some of this but i have no idea if and how it should be tweaked. 

I'd be super-grateful for anyone's advice.
Many thanks,
bill

2 Replies Related Threads

Jürgen Gleisberg
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re:Sonar VS - Audio Driver Modes (WDM) PC CRASH! 2013/02/15 07:34:58 (permalink)
    Hi Bill,

I don't know the VS-Software yet, because I never installed it. I used Sonar 8 or 8.5 when I bought my VS-100.
    But is it possible to start the VS-Software without connecting the VS-100? Maybe then it's possible to change some settings or to use the internal soundcard? Or run the VS-Software as an Administrator? Or what happened if you uninstall the driver of the VS-100? Maybe this is the solution. Not uninstalling the software but the driver. After uninstalling run the VS-Software and try to change some settings. After that, install the VS-100 again.
    You have to try everything what's coming up!

T. Finkbeiner
    planetxxx
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Sonar VS - Audio Driver Modes (WDM) PC CRASH! 2013/02/15 08:19:14 (permalink)
    Hi Timo - i think i've tried all of these suggestions but i shall certainly have another go as currently i have nothing to lose! Many thanks for your thoughts, 
    bill

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1