Cakewalk Synths and Mac OS...

Author
Rain
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9736
2013/03/09 21:43:48 (permalink)

Cakewalk Synths and Mac OS...

For the record, Cakewalk gets the award for the most problematic bunch of soft synths in my virtual instruments collection. Hand down and by a long, long, long shot. 

Glitches, bugs, authorization issues (which could have ruined my ears), unexplainable issues like the one above... 

Let me put it this way - working w/ Cakewalk products reminds me of all that routinely used to suck when I was working with Windows.

As such, the solution to the above issue was a typical PC solution - quit the session, re-download, re-install and re-authorize the plug-in. 

Random things you can't quite explain go wrong for whatever reason, which you can't figure out because NOTHING has changed on your system, and you fix it w/ a totally generic solution - that's one of my most prevalent memories of working on a PC.  In fact, I used to think that this was a normal part of working w/ computers.

But to be honest, I don't usually see such things on Mac OS. In fact, that stuff only seem to happen w/ Cakewalk synths. As amazing as they are otherwise, those products carry forth that tradition and port it to another platform... Kudos for that. 

A true shame because the synths themselves are great. But I can't honestly recommend them.

post edited by Rain - 2013/03/09 21:45:25

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...

1 Reply Related Threads

abryant
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re:Cakewalk Synths and Mac OS... 2013/03/11 09:51:00 (permalink)
    I wouldn't know anything about such problems, considering that I switched to Mac over a year ago, and still can't install Dimension Pro under OS X, or open any of the projects in Ableton Live where I used Dimension Pro under Windows prior to switching. 

Granted, any VST I might choose might eventually leave me stranded in a like manner under similar circumstances. But I expected a bit more from Cakewalk. It's frustrating, but honestly, it's the profound sense of disappointment that gets to me. 

Synthpop rules! (As does techno, house, vocal trance, and a few dozen other musical genres...)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1