Pro Audio 9 projects won't open properly. Yamaha DSPFactory?

Author
Gainzilla
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2013/05/07 02:16:48 (permalink)

Pro Audio 9 projects won't open properly. Yamaha DSPFactory?

Hi all,

I used to record with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, and mix through a Yamaha DSP Factory mix card. It was a great setup back in her day, but at some point I moved on. Now I would like to go back and work with some old tracks, but after opening the bundle files, the individual tracks in the console don't work. No meter levels at all. Tracks are panned hard R/L, all faders pegged... Only thing I get is master fader meters. I think it's because this project originally was routed through the hardware mixer channels, but I no longer have that card.

All I'm really looking to do is bounce the tracks out as separate mono files so I can work with them in a modern DAW. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Bryce

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Pro Audio 9 projects won't open properly. Yamaha DSPFactory? 2013/05/08 14:01:34 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    I imagine the track outputs are still set to the Yamaha in the bundle file.
    Try changing the outputs to whatever sound card or audio interface you're using now.

This is not a very active forum, and I've never had Pro Audio, but checking that the outputs are set to a valid device would be my first step.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Gainzilla
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Pro Audio 9 projects won't open properly. Yamaha DSPFactory? 2013/05/08 18:22:59 (permalink)
    Thanks Greg, I'll double-check that. I feel like I tried that, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure at this point. Cheers, - Bryce
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1