No Sound Blocks folder?

Author
heyitsamike
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2013/05/25 18:30:06 (permalink)

No Sound Blocks folder?

So I recently bought MC6 on steam and in the tutorial video (the one where he works with sound loops) he goes into the sound blocks folder. I do not have this folder? why not?

17 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/26 10:55:03 (permalink)
    Its there, you just haven't found it.  This would be the loops. I'm not on the DAW now so I can't give you the file location...... but it should be in the cake walk main folder. Sorry, I don't work much with loops to know their default location from memory..... most of my recording is audio recorded in the studio as opposed to loops..... 

I will probably be on the DAW later this afternoon or this evening..... I'll check back to see if anyone has answered this.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/26 10:59:39 (permalink)
    The tutorial video you are referring to was created with "Music Creator 6", not "Music Creator 6 Touch". The programs are slightly different, one of the difference being some of the loop content packaged with each version. That explains why you're seeing different content then what was done with that particular tutorial.

Sorry for the confusion!!

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Guitarhacker
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/27 10:23:05 (permalink)
    the loops, one shots, and song construction kit folders are not stored in Cakewalk's main folder.

Look on the C drive for Cake Walk Content.... in there, you should have several sub folders with Audio Library, Midi Library, and in my case I also have Music Creator 6 and Sonar X1 Essential

The audio library has in excess of 5GB of audio loops

MC6 has 1.1GB 

The midi loops are much smaller.... 480kb which is about right.

See if you have these folders on the computer.

BMI/NSAI

krogon
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/27 13:49:32 (permalink)
    Thank you for the reply and the specifics.

I do see those folders plus a MC6T.

However my audio library is only 565 mb not 5 gig. It appears this is where I am missing a lot of loops.
    My midi folder is correct with 479 kb.
    my MC6 folder is 1.1gig but that's just demo stuff.
    my  MC6T  is just 62 mb.

Do you think steam put the wrong version of MC6T in their system? I paid for the full $44.00 version not for some LE version.  This is a bit frustrating. I appreciate your help through

Guitarhacker
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/27 22:34:43 (permalink)
    The download version has less stuff in it. I always advise people to buy the box version on DVD.  It has more stuff.  

You can always ask support if there's a way to get the larger sample library. 

BMI/NSAI

vancheng
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 02:49:29 (permalink)
    The tutorial video you are referring to was created with "Music Creator 6", not "Music Creator 6 Touch". The programs are slightly different, one of the difference being some of the loop content packaged with each version. That explains why you're seeing different content then what was done with that particular tutorial. Sorry for the confusion!!

I had same problem, and was very confused yesterday. Thank you for your responce, Ryan, but it is quite dissapointing to find out that i have much smaller loop bank than in the original version. Please, provide me with information where I can download all that abscent loops. (i suppose i have right to get them somewhere from cakewalk)

P.S: if you will read this, can you answer plz about steam integration support? (sorry for offtop) I was quite frustrated  to find out that there is no steam integration AT ALL, thought it is disrtibuted throught steam. What I mean is that Music Creator didnt show up in my steam library. This mean no user information (time spent) common for all steam software, no patches delivered through steam download service (this really stroke me), no news, and no achievments.

So i need answer: are there any plans to deliver steam support to the product?

Guitarhacker
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 07:57:18 (permalink)
    What is STEAM?

Never mind,,,,, I thought it was a third party vendor site and just saw it is actually a cakewalk thing. 

So it is apparently the new and authorized way to buy cake on the net. Therefore, all products would be from cake. 
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2013/05/28 08:05:18

BMI/NSAI

Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 814
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 13:31:24 (permalink)
    vancheng

The tutorial video you are referring to was created with "Music Creator 6", not "Music Creator 6 Touch". The programs are slightly different, one of the difference being some of the loop content packaged with each version. That explains why you're seeing different content then what was done with that particular tutorial. Sorry for the confusion!!

I had same problem, and was very confused yesterday. Thank you for your responce, Ryan, but it is quite dissapointing to find out that i have much smaller loop bank than in the original version. Please, provide me with information where I can download all that abscent loops. (i suppose i have right to get them somewhere from cakewalk)

P.S: if you will read this, can you answer plz about steam integration support? (sorry for offtop) I was quite frustrated  to find out that there is no steam integration AT ALL, thought it is disrtibuted throught steam. What I mean is that Music Creator didnt show up in my steam library. This mean no user information (time spent) common for all steam software, no patches delivered through steam download service (this really stroke me), no news, and no achievments.

So i need answer: are there any plans to deliver steam support to the product?

Vancheng,

There is steam support in the product. Patches are indeed delivered through Steam, in fact we've already had 1 patch. Steam logs Music Creator 6 Touch hours played. You will need to set your library to 'programs' instead of games to see Music Creator 6 Touch. This is common for applications downloaded through Steam.

Music Creator 6 and Music Creator 6 Touch have different sample content because we decided to include a better Amplifier simulator and we did not feel that the original included content from Music Creator 6 was up to quality standards for this release.

Best Regards,
    Seth
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 13:34:24 (permalink)
    I guess to clarify, Music Creator 6 and Music Creator 6 Touch are different products. I'm not sure where the confusion is coming in regarding the Sound Blocks other then mistaking a tutorial video centered around Music Creator 6 and the content used in the video. 

Music Creator 6 has been out for well over a year. Music Creator 6 Touch, on the other hand, is a brand new product. We just released Music Creator 6 Touch just over a month ago available through the Cakewalk store. Last week we also launched it on Steam as well. If you purchased it via either method, the end product is the same it's just distributed differently.

As with all products, content can change based on license agreements. Breaking down the core features, however, Music Creator 6 Touch has a lot of added features that Music Creator 6 did not have, such as Windows 8 support, touch support, automation lanes, take lanes, new plug-ins (TH2 Creator) etc. Really the full breakdown of the product can be found here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/MusicCreator/

Also, to clarify, there is no boxed version of this product with more content. We have not released a boxed version of Music Creator 6 Touch.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    leebut
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 14:38:19 (permalink)
    I was quite upset by the fact that MC6 touch came out around 20 days after I purchased MC6, but free upgrades are only available for MC6 Boxed version customers. Why the discrimination between downloading customers and boxed version customers? Are we not buying the same product regardless of distribution method?
    post edited by leebut - 2013/05/28 14:40:52

Sonar X3; Sonar X2a Essential; Music Creator 6

Windows 7 Professional  (64-bit)
    ASUS M5A97 EVO R2; 8Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance RAM; AMD FX 6300 CPU

MOTU Microbook II
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 16:33:39 (permalink)
    leebut

I was quite upset by the fact that MC6 touch came out around 20 days after I purchased MC6, but free upgrades are only available for MC6 Boxed version customers. Why the discrimination between downloading customers and boxed version customers? Are we not buying the same product regardless of distribution method?

Clarification: Free only to boxed customers who purchase AFTER May 24th. Official details here: http://www.cakewalk.com/P...ator/free-upgrade.aspx

I don't work in marketing, but my understanding of how the promotion works is that if you buy the boxed version, you pay more since ultimately you're paying for shipping (~ 9.95). If you buy the download version, you pay less.

So boxed purchases after this date get a free upgrade, download purchases can upgrade for a very minimal cost which is for the most part equivalent to the shipping cost of the boxed version. 

The upgrade cost to upgrade from Music Creator 6 to Music Creator 6 Touch is only 9.99 GBP. It looks like you paid less from the start (29.99 GBP) so even paying for the upgrade you'd be getting it for the same price we're currently offering. 

Sorry for any confusion on this. I hope that helps clarify.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    leebut
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 17:37:35 (permalink)

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for responding. It's good to see some Cakewalk representation in the forum.

What I don't like is buying a product that was knowingly by Cakewalk going to be obsolete in less than a month. It was £29.99 because it was in the monthly specials section, so not the standard retail price. The sale price does not create a product any different to that of the former price.

Downloading means less cost to Cakewalk as well (no printing and packaging, no CD/DVD production), so to give special treatment for those who paid for a box and shipping is not a good thing to do. If they are paying an extra £9.99 for packaging and shipping,  they still didn't pay any extra for the software, which in reality means that both types of consumer have paid the same amount for the software. Forcing download customers to pay for a virtual box and shipping is ridiculous. The product is the SOFTWARE not the box. If the software is the same, then both types of customer should have the same treatment. You can't upgrade a box! Furthermore, why is  the upgrade a download and not a boxed version? After all, they paid for a box, right?

We are in a digital world these days, so please stop discriminating against those who save your company money and making doing business easier.

I was seriously considering upgrading to Sonar X2 this week because MC6 doesn't do what it was described to do (including what's in it's own help files), but I'm really not sure now. Very strange business practice. I wouldn't want to be a second-class  download  customer of a more expensive product.

Thank you and best regards,

Lee.

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk
    ]

leebut

Clarification: Free only to boxed customers who purchase AFTER May 24th. Official details here: http://www.cakewalk.com/P...ator/free-upgrade.aspx

I don't work in marketing, but my understanding of how the promotion works is that if you buy the boxed version, you pay more since ultimately you're paying for shipping (~ 9.95). If you buy the download version, you pay less.

So boxed purchases after this date get a free upgrade, download purchases can upgrade for a very minimal cost which is for the most part equivalent to the shipping cost of the boxed version. 

The upgrade cost to upgrade from Music Creator 6 to Music Creator 6 Touch is only 9.99 GBP. It looks like you paid less from the start (29.99 GBP) so even paying for the upgrade you'd be getting it for the same price we're currently offering. 

Sorry for any confusion on this. I hope that helps clarify.

MOTU Microbook II
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 18:36:44 (permalink)
    leebut

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for responding. It's good to see some Cakewalk representation in the forum.

What I don't like is buying a product that was knowingly by Cakewalk going to be obsolete in less than a month. It was £29.99 because it was in the monthly specials section, so not the standard retail price. The sale price does not create a product any different to that of the former price.

Downloading means less cost to Cakewalk as well (no printing and packaging, no CD/DVD production), so to give special treatment for those who paid for a box and shipping is not a good thing to do. If they are paying an extra £9.99 for packaging and shipping,  they still didn't pay any extra for the software, which in reality means that both types of consumer have paid the same amount for the software. Forcing download customers to pay for a virtual box and shipping is ridiculous. The product is the SOFTWARE not the box. If the software is the same, then both types of customer should have the same treatment. You can't upgrade a box! Furthermore, why is  the upgrade a download and not a boxed version? After all, they paid for a box, right?

We are in a digital world these days, so please stop discriminating against those who save your company money and making doing business easier.

I was seriously considering upgrading to Sonar X2 this week because MC6 doesn't do what it was described to do (including what's in it's own help files), but I'm really not sure now. Very strange business practice. I wouldn't want to be a second-class  download  customer of a more expensive product.

Lee. 

Hi Lee,

It's definitely not obsolete, but I understand what you're saying. 

I don't necessarily think anyone at Cakewalk is trying to discriminate against any particular group of customers. The other side of that coin is someone who is upset about paying more for a boxed version then a person who paid for a download, or a person upset that they went to their local brick and mortar store and felt mislead because the only boxed version on the shelf was last years product. In other words, someone who purchases a download today has an option, someone who purchases a box does not. Also, we do not serve up downloads to people who buy boxed versions of our software. So if you buy a boxed version of Music Creator 6, you won't have a download in your account. People who buy boxed copies often feel we're leaving them out of the fun :)

Anyhow, I'm just doing my best to explain it since the perspective could easily be the opposite and often is exactly that.

There's always more to the story and I'm sure a lot more that I don't understand when it comes to contractual obligations with 3rd party vendors etc. 

At the end of the day though, I really do think Cakewalk is trying to offer a good deal to those who want to upgrade from Music Creator 6 to Music Creator 6 Touch. Often times we do not even offer an upgrade path for Music Creator customers. Typically people must pay full price for the newest version of Music Creator. I'd be hard pressed to believe that we're making any profit off that upgrade. 

There actually is a cost involved in serving up downloadable versions of products, and I think many people would be quite surprised to learn how much this can add up to with each download of large files like these. Every time someone downloads a product from their account, which some people do multiple times, it costs money to Cakewalk. This can actually end up costing us more then the price of manufacturing a box and the price of that upgrade.

Anyhow, your feedback is actually very valuable and I do thank you for taking the time to share. I don't make these types of calls here at Cakewalk but I'll be sure to pass your feedback along.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    leebut
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/28 19:13:49 (permalink)

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for helping.

Boxed customers don't need a download because they have a tangible product (disc) in their possession. Besides NEW boxed MC6 customers are being offered a download account to get their free download upgrade from. Either way, download or boxed, they have purchased the same software product, but boxed gets more benefits: a FREE upgrade and a download account, while existing customers who had their product for less than a month get forgotten. Thanks to those who made that decision.

Offering  multiple downloads can be a strain on resources, which is why I guess other companies restrict the number of downloads a customer can make. Either that or companies offer an extended download service for a fee. Maybe that's also why I see Amazon's web services being used more. In other words, it's the customer's responsibility to back-up their original download, which is what they should be doing anyway.

Anyway, thank you for assisting.

All the best,

Lee.
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk
    ]

leebut

Hello Ryan,

Lee. 

Hi Lee,

It's definitely not obsolete, but I understand what you're saying. 

I don't necessarily think anyone at Cakewalk is trying to discriminate against any particular group of customers. The other side of that coin is someone who is upset about paying more for a boxed version then a person who paid for a download, or a person upset that they went to their local brick and mortar store and felt mislead because the only boxed version on the shelf was last years product. In other words, someone who purchases a download today has an option, someone who purchases a box does not. Also, we do not serve up downloads to people who buy boxed versions of our software. So if you buy a boxed version of Music Creator 6, you won't have a download in your account. People who buy boxed copies often feel we're leaving them out of the fun :)

Anyhow, I'm just doing my best to explain it since the perspective could easily be the opposite and often is exactly that.

There's always more to the story and I'm sure a lot more that I don't understand when it comes to contractual obligations with 3rd party vendors etc. 

At the end of the day though, I really do think Cakewalk is trying to offer a good deal to those who want to upgrade from Music Creator 6 to Music Creator 6 Touch. Often times we do not even offer an upgrade path for Music Creator customers. Typically people must pay full price for the newest version of Music Creator. I'd be hard pressed to believe that we're making any profit off that upgrade. 

There actually is a cost involved in serving up downloadable versions of products, and I think many people would be quite surprised to learn how much this can add up to with each download of large files like these. Every time someone downloads a product from their account, which some people do multiple times, it costs money to Cakewalk. This can actually end up costing us more then the price of manufacturing a box and the price of that upgrade.

Anyhow, your feedback is actually very valuable and I do thank you for taking the time to share. I don't make these types of calls here at Cakewalk but I'll be sure to pass your feedback along.

MOTU Microbook II
    vancheng
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/29 05:36:38 (permalink)

Vancheng,

There is steam support in the product. Patches are indeed delivered through Steam, in fact we've already had 1 patch. Steam logs Music Creator 6 Touch hours played. You will need to set your library to 'programs' instead of games to see Music Creator 6 Touch. This is common for applications downloaded through Steam.

Music Creator 6 and Music Creator 6 Touch have different sample content because we decided to include a better Amplifier simulator and we did not feel that the original included content from Music Creator 6 was up to quality standards for this release.

Thank you, Seth. Much obliged. I was blind =)

This is great to feel support from cakewalk

Guitarhacker
    Re:No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/05/29 08:28:28 (permalink)
    My confusion on the boxed vs download came from earlier versions (MC5) which did have more content on the disk due to the sample sizes involved. 

I guess they have eliminated that issue in the MC6 DL now. 

Sorry for the confusion on that specific. 

BMI/NSAI

sterlinglee38
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: No Sound Blocks folder? 2013/09/27 13:52:45 (permalink)
    I have to say I am VERY disappointed to find out that a feature of MC6 was not included in my recently purchased MC6 touch. I watched the tutorial video about loops and was very excited to try this feature out, only to find out through this thread that it isn't even available to me. This was an awesome feature and should have been included, but there is no accounting for idiot marketing. You should at least put a disclaimer on the video saying this option not available on MC6 touch. Poor handling of this situation does not give me much faith in the coping abilities of this company. None the less, you got my money, so I guess that's all that matters to you guys. Sad.

Sterling

PS: Also curious as to why you would include all the templates (with the sound blocks) if it wasn't even something we could use in MC6 touch?

post edited by sterlinglee38 - 2013/09/27 14:00:14
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1