Dimension pro not loading Emu proteus pack & expansions.

Author
JCcares
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2013/05/29 16:55:37 (permalink)

Dimension pro not loading Emu proteus pack & expansions.

Hi,
I'm a new user who just downloaded Dim Pro & proteus pack on my Mac.When downloading Dim Pro,I chose the option of using an ext drive for the sounds.When downloading the Emu proteus packs,however,it did not let me download the sounds onto the same external drive.So I created a new folder on the internal drive.I am not quite sure how to get the sounds appear on Dim pro.They dont seem to show up.I located the folder on the internal drive & tried to load it on the load multisample page & it says something like Multisamples not found.This happens even if I try to load 1 indivdual instrument like in the wind folder.( It does not allow me to load all the samples).Is there a simple manual that explains how to load expansions.I searched but could not find one to my surprise! I emailed customer support but did not get a response.Can someone help me out on this?

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re:Dimension pro not loading Emu proteus pack & expansions. 2013/05/29 17:27:34 (permalink)
    In the windows world when DimPro installers put things in unexpected places (like the default locations instead of custom folders), I would manually move the multisamples and programs into the directory tree where they belong. After moving everything, open the patch browser and use the F5 key to refresh the browser. If you need help with DSF packages, you might consider contacting the DSF directly. Sometimes the DSF people visit this forum. This thread http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2192015 has some DSF contact info.
    post edited by scook - 2013/05/29 17:29:47
    JCcares
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:Dimension pro not loading Emu proteus pack & expansions. 2013/05/30 02:31:50 (permalink)
    Thanks.After I reinstalled & put all the files on my internal drive,I am able to find it & access it.Only thing is I see only 1 sound loading at a time.I was hoping the whole expansion pack would load so it would be easy to move from sound to sound.Am I doing something wrong? Wish there was an expansion pack handling manual!

Also how do I safely move all these sound files to an external drive so I can delete it from the internal?

Thanks for the replies.

(Is there a way where I can directly go to my posts on this forum like a 'view your posts' link somewhere?)
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re:Dimension pro not loading Emu proteus pack & expansions. 2013/05/30 07:52:33 (permalink)
    The program browser or drag and drop from the program folder are the only ways to load programs into DimPro. To view your posts, click on "My Public Profile" under "User Control Panel" on the forum menu bar.
    post edited by scook - 2013/05/30 08:51:26
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1