Dim Pro - Alesis Control Pad - Note Trigger Problem - DSF Sounds

Author
wsw261
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2013/07/02 09:05:50 (permalink)

Dim Pro - Alesis Control Pad - Note Trigger Problem - DSF Sounds

I am using an Alesis Control Pad to trigger drum sounds in Dim Pro.  The Dim Pro sounds work fine, but all of my DSF sounds (Proteus 2000, PK-7 Drums, Instrument Mega Pack) do not trigger consistently.  I just hit the pads and every now and then I get a note trigger.  If I record the MIDI, it records all the notes and they will playback fine, but playing live I just get an inconsistent note sounded every now and then.  Also, the sounds play just fine from my kybd controller so I am assuming it has something to do with the Control Pad and the DSF SFZ file.

I compared the SFZ files for one of the Dim Pro kits and one of the DSF kits and there is a bit more coding in the Dim Pro files, so I'm not sure if something needs to be added to the DSF SFZ file to clear this up.  Any ideas?  Tks!

Steve_W
HP Pavillion Elite Intel i5 Quad 3.2 ghz / 8GB Ram
Win 7 64 bit
Presonus Audio 44VSL
Sonar X1 Studio

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Dim Pro - Alesis Control Pad - Note Trigger Problem - DSF Sounds 2013/07/02 09:58:52 (permalink)
    It sounds like a mismatch between the notes the control pad is sending and the notes that the sfz files are instructing DimPro to respond to. The easiest solution is to create drum maps to translate the incoming midi notes to the appropriate notes to trigger the sounds you are looking for. Once you figure out the mapping save the drum maps as presets for future use. This is start of the X2 help pages for the drum map manager. It is the same in X1. Alternately you could modify a copy of the original sfz files based on the notes the control pad is sending.
    post edited by scook - 2013/07/02 10:01:16
    Stipes Vigilo
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re: Dim Pro - Alesis Control Pad - Note Trigger Problem - DSF Sounds 2013/07/02 13:35:14 (permalink)
    If they trigger, but do so inconsistently, I would first check the velocity settings between the two.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1