Will the V-Studio 100 work as a control surface in Guitar Tracks Pro?

Author
imascorpio1969
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2013/07/07 12:43:51 (permalink)

Will the V-Studio 100 work as a control surface in Guitar Tracks Pro?

I can't seem to get the V-Studio 100 control surface to work in Guitar Tracks Pro 4, I don't know if it's even suppose to be able to, does anyone out there know if it is possible?

1 Reply Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re: Will the V-Studio 100 work as a control surface in Guitar Tracks Pro? 2013/07/08 03:28:18 (permalink)

Hi there Robert, and welcome.

The quick answer is 'yes', you should be able to use your VS-100 as a control surface for GT4Pro.

I use the (much less sophisticated) VS-20 as a control surface for Cakewalk's SONAR, and it works perfectly.

Here's a short tutorial I put together a while back to show how to get a VS-20 to work with Cakewalk software, I'm assuming this method will work in a similar way for a VS-100. If this doesn't get you running, I suggest you post your question over in the VS-100 forum - click HERE to go straight there.

Also, if you're using Windows 8, you might need to update your drivers, these can be downloaded from HERE.

Anyway, here's the tutorial, just substitute 'VS-100' for 'VS-20':

=================================================

First off, make certain your VS-20 is attached to your computer using the USB lead. Then open GTPro4.

On the menu bar in GTPro4 select Options > Controllers/Surfaces:

This will open the Controllers/Surfaces interface. Click on the Add New Controller/Surface button, as I've outlined here:

This will open the Controller/Surfaces Settings menu. Click on the Controller/Surface drop-down list:

From the list of options that appear, click on VS-20 and then OK:

You should now see the VS-20 in the Controllers/Surfaces window.

Now click on both the In Port and Out Port drop-down lists and in each case, select VS-20 DAW Control from the options:

Now you should find that the VS-20 faders, buttons and transport controls will start controlling the corresponding features in GTPro4.

=================================================

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2013/07/08 03:29:30

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1