Beta Testers, advisers, (potentially investors) wanted for a start up company

Author
Jackel
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 398
2013/11/27 15:52:18 (permalink)

Beta Testers, advisers, (potentially investors) wanted for a start up company

Hi guys,

I have been a long time sonar user from as far back as sonar 4.  I've gone through dozens of controllers and have been frustrated by them all at one point or another. 

I see all midi controllers currently on the market as suffering from several fundamental deficiencies that prevent them from properly bridging the gap between an analog and digital workflow.

1) Midi controllers can only have focus on 1 thing at a time.  If I am controlling the DAW then I have little or no control over my effects.  If I am controlling 1 effect then the other effects are not involved.
2) Midi controllers are not good at knowing where I am at in a project.  Changing focus requires finding the plugin you want to control and manually switching to it.  Not such a big deal if you have 10 tracks with 1 or 2 plugins each but on large projects with lots of effects this can be worse than just using your mouse.
3) Most midi controllers on the market do nothing for your buss section and have 1 send at most.  So terrific that I can mix within my tracks but I'm back to the mouse when I want to start working in the buss section

I have devised a controller design that I believe will revolutionize this market.  From 1 small controller you can have access to 64 tracks (arm, solo, mute, pan and 4 sends), 16 busses, the master and 3200 effects without ever going below the top layer of the controller.  No pages upon pages of parameters to work through, The system allows for navigation from the control surface, it knows where you are at in the project, and automatically picks up all the key controls for complete channel strip access.  

What I need is this.

I need people from enthusiasts like myself to professional studio operators to consult with during the development phase of this project.  Generally these would be people who would give their input on functionality as well as beta test during development. I am open to taking on investors who bring the appropriate level of contacts or expertise to the project to enhance our overall chances of success.

I have a development firm and graphic designers contracted and a hardware manufacturer identified with whom I am working out details on hardware specs.

I am happy to discuss the project in generalities here but will need NDA's from anyone who desires to get involved in the project.

Please respond here or PM me with your thoughts on participation or the project in general.

Thanks

Jeff Baumet
Nyrv Systems LLC

Jeff 
i7 - Win7 64 - 12GB 1066 RAB - 128GB SSD Boot Drive - 2x1TB Data Drives - Nvidia GeForce 640 2GB Video - Mackie Blackbird - Grace M101 - KRK Vxt8's RP5's - UAD Solo

Sonar X3d - Ableton Live 8 - Komplete 9 - Ivory 2 - Spectrasonics - Plus...

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1