Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing

Author
Loptec
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 948
2013/12/15 05:26:38 (permalink)

Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing

I have a track on which I wanted to change tempo. From 115 to 125 bpm.

I turned all the vocal clips into region (melodyne) FX and time stretched them by ctrl+dragging.
It sounded great and I continued to work on the track.

However; later when I exported the track the vocal parts sounded like they weren't time
stretched at all and were all out of sync. I tried to workaround this bug by bouncing the
time stretched clips instead. This didn't work either, though..

Anyone else had this problem?

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

DAW: Sonar Platinum (64bit) with Melodyne Studio - Controllers: Roland VS-700C, Cakewalk A-500 Pro, Yamaha P90
Desktop Audio Interface: RME HDSPe RayDAT - Laptop Audio Interface: RME Babyface Pro

9 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/15 17:18:03 (permalink)
    I would think once you "bounce" a clip it should be fixed. Try saving the project first, then export.

Also, after bouncing it, try dragging it to your desktop and opening that wav file in Media Player to hear how it sounds.

Steve
    Loptec
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/16 09:53:12 (permalink)
    soens
    I would think once you "bounce" a clip it should be fixed. Try saving the project first, then export.

Also, after bouncing it, try dragging it to your desktop and opening that wav file in Media Player to hear how it sounds.

Steve

Yes. I know how bounce works. It is fixed I want the clip to become when I do it. The problem is that the sound of the bounced clip doesn't sound like before it was bounced.. It's like there's a bug in the bouncing process, because the bounced clip playes back at the original speed (not the time stretched speed) and to compensate timewise it brings in random sounds from the take to fill out the space of the new lenth.

After I've exported I already have played the track in a media player. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about this in my first post, but I exported the whole track, not just the vocals. And while the vocals sync to the music in the Sonar project (when not bounced) they don't sync to the music anymore after export.

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

DAW: Sonar Platinum (64bit) with Melodyne Studio - Controllers: Roland VS-700C, Cakewalk A-500 Pro, Yamaha P90
    Desktop Audio Interface: RME HDSPe RayDAT - Laptop Audio Interface: RME Babyface Pro

soens
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/17 09:00:29 (permalink)
    I wasn't sure if you were exporting the entire mix or just the one track, which is why I suggested dragging the clip in question to your desktop... instead of exporting it.

What happens if you time stretch w/o using melodyne?

Over the years I've had a host of strange unexplainable audio glitches using Sonar. Maybe this is yet another one.
    Splat
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/17 09:17:28 (permalink)
    Edition and version number of Melodyne?

If you can reproduce this again with a brand new project with the new Sonar X3D (patch later on the week) please write down your exact steps:
    https://www.cakewalk.com/...act/problemreport.aspx

Maybe report it to Melodyne as well (not sure if this is a Cake or a Melodyne, guess Cake might handle this).

Cheers...

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    Loptec
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/17 09:47:59 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies :)

soens: Interesting idea about dragging the clip from the project directly to the desktop w/o going through the export-menu. Just tried it out and it's the non time-stretched clip that ends up on the desktop even though the clip in the project is. I also tried disabling melodyne and time-stretch w/o it and this works perfectly. I'll go with that for now. Thanks! :)

CakeAlexS: I've got the latest editor version. Yeah. My plan is to wait until the D-patch and see if it fixes the problem. If not, I'll send in a problem report :)

The main reason for posting was to see if anyone else have had this problem, but it doesn't seem that way.

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

Loptec
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/17 12:37:26 (permalink)
    The D-patch didn't solve the problem so I'll fill in a problem report.

Would be really nice to know though if anyone's able to replicate this.

That would help in my problem-solving quest.. Cuz if this is something that happens to everyone, I'll just stop thinking about it and wait until Cakewalk's fixed the bug.

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

soens
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2013/12/18 17:01:57 (permalink)
    Sounds like a Melodyne issue. If you are the only one with this issue I suppose there's an off chance that Melodyne didn't install properly.

Can it be uninstalled/reinstalled on it's own? If not maybe a complete X3 reinstall would fix it.

Steve
    Superamigo
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2017/11/21 18:03:39 (permalink)
    Hello! 

Somebody know, why i got an error when i try to export a project with "Stretched waves" ?

Thanks!

Cakewalk Sonar Home Edition.
    Superamigo
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Time stretched audio with melodyne fails when exporting/bouncing 2017/11/21 18:03:43 (permalink)
    Hello! 

Somebody know, why i got an error when i try to export a project with "Stretched waves" ?

Thanks!

Cakewalk Sonar Home Edition.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1