Pro 4

Author
toddgibson2004
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/01/09 06:49:53 (permalink)

Pro 4

new 4 user and already do not like it...is there any way to open 4 without opening a project...in 3 and 2 it would open and then I could chose to open a file...this is very irritating as have to start a new project every time...also can anyone tell me how to normalize or control the loud and quiet...again in 2 and 3 you could normalize or up the decibels or lower the decibels and it seemed real nice to "tweek" a track like this...I have looked for this option in 4 and see nothing close...I do see the volume control on top but that does not seem to "save" it with new sound levels
post edited by toddgibson2004 - 2014/01/09 07:32:26

2 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re: Pro 4 2014/01/09 10:54:32 (permalink)

Hi Todd

I tried to answer your previous question about normalising >>HERE<<

Just to reiterate, there is no good reason to permanently alter any of the audio in your projects. Getting a balanced mix is primarily about using the volume faders to set the optimum levels of each individual track and bus, as well as using the pan controls to place each instrument where you want it in the stereo field.

If you need to boost some of your recorded audio by normalising the waveform, then maybe you need to check your input signal chain to ensure you are recording at high enough levels.

In saying this, there are two different and acceptable methods depending on the recording bit depth of your project. If you are recording at 16bit, then the accepted technique is to record fairly 'hot' - in other words, the input gain should be set so that at the very loudest, the signal just occasionally peaks in the red zone of the recording meter, but without ever hitting 0db; this will cause 'clipping' (unwanted digital distortion). However, if you are recording at 24bit there is a much wider acceptable range of levels at which you can record - you must still never let the signal clip, but you can record successfully with a much lower input level than at 16bit.

As to your first point, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying - how are you opening GTPro 4?

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

toddgibson2004
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Pro 4 2014/01/19 19:37:14 (permalink)
    hello
    thanks for responding...I realize all this ... these are older tracks NOT re-doable the same...and was trying to tweak as best as good for best sound...

yes  it is 16 bit and recorded hot...that is why I am trying to "edit"...
    I will probably get an XP computer up and load #2 and do it like I did before I had to buy 4 for Windows 7 even though for 3 years I used #2 with Windows 7 !   I had to reformat and was unable to reload #2 like I had it...

nice infor though thank you

thanks
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1