Saffire PRO 24 DSP issues with the Intel Z77/87 chipset

Author
sforouhi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/03/07 05:42:43 (permalink)

Saffire PRO 24 DSP issues with the Intel Z77/87 chipset

Hi everybody,
First of all i am sorry if i am a little bit of topic here, i have seen very good posts about hardware here so i have decided to join and ask my questions here.

I have a 7 years old computer running on windows XP with a Hoontech dsp24 soundcard.That I use for my home studio.
I have decided to upgrade my computer and change my operating system to windows 7 64 bits to be able to use more RAM and to upgrade my motherboard and CPU/
The problem is that my soundcard company doesn’t exist anymore so my sound card doesn’t work on windows 7.
So I decided to buy an ASUS Z87-Plus motherboard and the Saffire PRO 24 DSP sound card. But before doing that I emailed the company to ask about compatibility issues with my motherboard.
This is their answer:

“We have actually seen consistent issues with the Intel Z77/87 chipset.
We're not entirely sure what the issue is, however they seem to struggle with audio applications in general across many brands of interface.
If you are able to try the motherboard with the option to return it, then go ahead, however if it is a committed purchase, we would recommend looking at something else.

Best regards »

I have seen couple of people with Z77/87 chipset and “Saffire PRO 24 DSP” soundcard so I wondered that they experiencing any problems?

My problem is that I have read a lot of good reviews about this soundcard but I don’t want to buy an older motherboard just for the sound card. if i don't have to.

Thanks on advanced for your help
Soheil

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1