Blueverb dissapeared after installing X3d

Author
CBJ
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 54
2014/03/14 13:27:12 (permalink)

Blueverb dissapeared after installing X3d

I upgraded from Sonar V8.53 to Sonar X3d a few months ago and now none of the Nomad products will load in Sonar V8.53. Prior to the upgrade I had Blueverb installed in Sonar V8.53 but now when I attempt to load BlueVerb I get an error message that the Blueverb is only compatible with X3d and will no longer work in Sonar V8.53. The upgrade to X3d also removed my V-Vocal (plug in V8.53) by deleting the folder which causes it to stop working. Fortunately, I had a Norton Ghost Image of the boot drive and was able to restore the V-Vocal back to a working state in Sonar V8.53.

I'm really puzzled that Cakewalk would intrude on my privacy and perform this without informing me that they will render certain plugins useless. I paid good money for these and without warning they start deleting that which worked on my Sonar V8.53. To be clear the BlueVerb included in X3d install deleted my copy that I was already happily using in Sonar V 8.53. I have tried on a few occasions to re-install the BlueVerb but to no avail! It will not install!

I can't use version X3 due to poor eyesight because the fonts are too faint in a lot of the boxes making them entirely unreadable to me. I have had a Cornea transplant and am also awaiting Cataract removal so 8.53 was easy to set up with very high contrast colors whereby only some of the areas in Sonar X3 can be customized and the rest remain with very small fonts and no color options.

It seems that the upgrades are far from perfect and no one in the CW organization really seems to want to roll up their sleeves and help us. I hope that the new Canadian ownership will inject what is lacking in this product and provide the service and show the gratitude that we deserve for supporting Cakewalk for so long.

1 Reply Related Threads

cakehunter
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Blueverb dissapeared after installing X3d 2014/09/12 18:09:19 (permalink)
    Hi! Can't help you with Blueverb, but I have a question regarding Cakewalk for DOS that I think you're the only person who can answer. I sent you a PM about it, but I'm posting in this thread because I'm hoping the forum software will notify your email, seeing your last login was a long time ago. Hope it's no problem.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1