Music Creator 6 failed to download

Author
rdpaton
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2014/03/14 18:50:39 (permalink)

Music Creator 6 failed to download

Hi there
Last week I paid for Music Creator via Paypal but unfortunately was unable to download the product due to connection issues.  I forwarded 2 emails to customer support to advise them of the issue but after a week, I have not received a reply so I am not sure whether my emails are disappearing into cyberspace.  I am in Australia so I am not sure what I can do.  Does it normally take a while for the customer support to respond?
Thanks for any information you can provide

12 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/14 21:57:32 (permalink)
    they should be responding to you within a week at least.  and I think they have an automated reply that responds immediately.  if you didn't get an automated reply immediately, then I would suggest you probably are sending their responses to your spam or junk folder.  check that.

also, make sure you have your virus scanning software disabled while trying to download the files - some virus scanning software will thwart the download.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    rdpaton
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/14 22:37:11 (permalink)
    Thanks for responding Beagle. The automated response occurred immediately but nothing since.  I will follow your advice & ensure I have no virus scanners running when I download next. I have to be patient, it has only been a week but I am excited to try the software.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/14 22:59:05 (permalink)
    Try a different download tool. Either a different browser or download manager such as Free Download Manager.
    rdpaton
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/14 23:16:03 (permalink)
    Hi Scook. Unfortunately the software is not available for me to download at this time. Thanks for responding
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/14 23:20:41 (permalink)
    Was the software purchased directly from Cakewalk? If so, the link should be in your store account. If purchased from Steam, I believe you would need to work directly with Steam.
    rdpaton
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/15 00:53:59 (permalink)
    The software was purchased directly from Cakewalk & I have the Paypal receipt. It is not showing in my account hence I am waiting for customer service response. Thanks again for responding
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/15 01:14:14 (permalink)
    This is more than a download issue, the order most likely did not complete. I sent a PM on your behalf to Ryan Munnis since you do not have enough posts to contact him through the forum. It is pretty early on Saturday morning (Boston time) so it still may take a while to sort out.
    rdpaton
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/15 04:11:52 (permalink)
    Hi Scook, apologies for the late response. Thanks so much for following this up for me, I really appreciate your efforts.  I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/15 09:08:13 (permalink)
    Hey... it might seem like they are a bit slow, but they will help you get the download issue sorted out.  They have even gone and reauthorized a download in my store account a year after the original DL....  the download should show up in your store account and it should be active for 2 weeks initially. Plenty of time to DL it if something goes wrong.

If you have the emails with the DL link and the authorization/keys, I believe you can manually register the program and it should also be in your store.   I have purchased quite a few things and they all show up in that store account fairly quickly.

As Beagle pointed out, one of the things I ordered never showed up. The site says give it 15 minutes for the servers to process the order and send the emails with the links for the DL..... An hour later still nothing. I checked in the spam folder and there they were. I moved them to the inbox and used the info to start the DL.  I also bought a simple and inexpensive sound pak for a synth.... the sound pak never worked correctly. A few emails back and forth and turns out they had a problem in the sound pak..... it took a few weeks to resolve that but they did send me the new sound pak when it was properly checked and working.... It was a $20 product and they certainly went out of their way to resolve that issue for me.

It will be resolved for you too..... have faith.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/15 22:35:25 (permalink)
    rdpaton
    Hi there
    Last week I paid for Music Creator via Paypal but unfortunately was unable to download the product due to connection issues.  I forwarded 2 emails to customer support to advise them of the issue but after a week, I have not received a reply so I am not sure whether my emails are disappearing into cyberspace.  I am in Australia so I am not sure what I can do.  Does it normally take a while for the customer support to respond?
    Thanks for any information you can provide

Hello. We have just resolved this. On our end we never received any transaction information from Paypal which ultimately caused things to not go anywhere. I'm very sorry for the trouble!

If you log into your Cakewalk Store account now you will see your serial number and download links.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    rdpaton
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/15 23:28:18 (permalink)
    Thanks Ryan for sorting this out so quickly.  I'd especially like to thank Scook as well as all of the others who have assisted me (starting to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech).  It is great to know that you can get such great support from users & Cakewalk alike.  Looking forward to using the product.

Thanks again!!
    Roy
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: Music Creator 6 failed to download 2014/03/16 11:28:28 (permalink)
    Indeed, thank you to the others that helped as well! I wouldn't have been alerted if it weren't for them jumping in to help :)

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1