HELP! Popping issues, common problem that cannot be addressed!

Author
aleci03
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/03/17 18:18:36 (permalink)

HELP! Popping issues, common problem that cannot be addressed!

I have been trying to use Music Creator 6 Touch for recording tracks with an external Akai interface. Every time I set everything up and hit record, all I get back is this horribly loud popping sound over the recorded track. This is apparently a common problem, but out of all the people I've talked to, nobody knows how to fix it. It's not just happening when I playback a track, but it's also there when the audio is exported into various filetypes. I'm using a brand new Lenovo laptop with a fresh install of Music Creator 6 Touch, running Windows 8 64-bit. 

Additional note: Iv'e been working with a group that had just acquired a brand new Macbook Pro, loaded with Cubass AND Ableton, and they have experienced the exact same issue. They use a similar interface, and the same popping comes back on the playback.

3 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re: HELP! Popping issues, common problem that cannot be addressed! 2014/03/17 21:11:13 (permalink)
    Welcome, Alec.
    My first question: Have you updated your drivers?
    The drivers on the install disc are most likely outdated. The original drivers for the EIE were not good, but the updated versions are fine in Windows.
    When you click on the ASIO Pannel in Preferences>Audio>Driver Settings, you can see the driver version.
    I am using 2.9.55.
    Your Mac friends may be out of luck until Akai updates the drivers for the latest Mac OS. I have seen some complaints about that.
    Assuming your drivers are current, what is your latency set to? If it's too low, you can get pops.
    Which version do you have, the EIE (red face, 16 bit), or the EIEPro(silver face, 24 bit)?
    I have some other ideas, but answer these questions first.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    radioactiveblue
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re: HELP! Popping issues, common problem that cannot be addressed! 2014/03/17 21:35:17 (permalink)
    Is your audio interface usb powered perhaps? Maybe a powered hub or a power supply for the unit. I was having this problem with any laptops I have used that DIDN'T have sufficient power for the audio device.

Also, make sure that any integrated soundcards have been disabled.

Sonar X3E Producer (64 bit) 
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    AMD Phenom II X4 820
    8 GB DDR3 (PC3-10600 MB/sec)
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro
    1 TB WD Caviar Green internal HD (OS and software)
    500 GB WD Caviar Black internal HD (Audio Projects)
    500 WD external HD (for file back up only)
    Kurzweil PC1 SE
    Sibelius 7.5
    (Various guitars and effects, including Roland GR55)

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: HELP! Popping issues, common problem that cannot be addressed! 2014/03/18 10:58:47 (permalink)
    aleci03
    I have been trying to use Music Creator 6 Touch for recording tracks with an external Akai interface. Every time I set everything up and hit record, all I get back is this horribly loud popping sound over the recorded track. This is apparently a common problem, but out of all the people I've talked to, nobody knows how to fix it. It's not just happening when I playback a track, but it's also there when the audio is exported into various filetypes. I'm using a brand new Lenovo laptop with a fresh install of Music Creator 6 Touch, running Windows 8 64-bit. 

Additional note: Iv'e been working with a group that had just acquired a brand new Macbook Pro, loaded with Cubass AND Ableton, and they have experienced the exact same issue. They use a similar interface, and the same popping comes back on the playback.

which exact model of the Akai interface are you working with?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1