Expansion Pack 2 (Grooves) won't play

Author
groundwork_
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2014/03/28 17:12:18 (permalink)

Expansion Pack 2 (Grooves) won't play

I'm using Sonar X2a on a Windows 7 operating system and I cannot get any of the Expansion Pack 2 Grooves that were included to play in Dimension 1.5. All of the other programs in the Expansion Pack(s) will play with no problem. The problem window says "Multisample Not Found" although the program files are in my folder and show in my Dimension Program Browser. I've removed and reloaded the Dimension program and reinstalled the folders files already and the same problem persists. Anyone else having that problem that found a solution?

Win10 Pro - 64 bit
ASUS P6TD Deluxe w/X58 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7; 2.8 GHz/8MB CPU; 6GB RAM
Seagate 500GB and 1,000GB (1TB) SATA
SONAR Platinum Tascam US-2000 
Edirol PCR-800

1 Reply Related Threads

Living Room Rocker
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 675
    Re: Expansion Pack 2 (Grooves) won't play 2014/04/13 23:20:05 (permalink)
    The Program files and "sample" files are two different file/folder types.  You may have installed your Multisamples in a different location than your previous pacs/additional samples.  However, in the Windows Registry, the string which refers to the Mulitsample folder may be pointing to the wrong location.  Find where your Expansion Pac 2 samples where installed and then check that against the Registry.  If the do not match, you can either move the samples folder to match the Registry location or change the Registry to match the location of the samples folder.

The DimPro Registry stings are located under:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Cakewalk Music Software/DimPro (or dp or DimensionPro).  I am using Windows 8, so the actual name of the Dimension folder in your PC may have a different name.  Anyhow, once you find it, look to the right pane of the Registry and find Multisamples Folder.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1