Audio Damage Tattoo... MC6T Question

Author
CMDesign
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2014/03/29 07:31:53 (permalink)

Audio Damage Tattoo... MC6T Question

Hey guys still new to MC6T. Trying figure out how to record drum patterns made within Tattoo (It has an internal sequencer which is really easy to use and makes changing patterns on the fly a breeze compared to the MC6 sequencer). Once I have a beat made how I want it. How do I get that beat into a track to be able to export it with the rest of the audio. Getting a MIDi clip would be best but an audio clip would be fine as well.

Note to any devs at cakewalk... it should be as easy as arming the instrument track, hitting record and playing the loop in the instrument..

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Audio Damage Tattoo... MC6T Question 2014/03/29 09:57:06 (permalink)
    Have you tried Insert>Soft Synths>VST>Tattoo?
    That should insert the instrument in your MC 6T project with it's output as part of the project.
    I don't have Tattoo, but that's how you use every other VST instrument in Cakewalk DAWs.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Audio Damage Tattoo... MC6T Question 2014/03/31 07:57:08 (permalink)
    The documentation on Tattoo should tell you if it is usable as a VST like Greg mentioned.

If not.... can you copy the midi from Tattoo? If so, you can copy and paste right into MC6t or drag and drop. You would need to set up a synth drummer to play the midi data back in MC6t.  Then, simply drop the midi data from Tattoo into the midi source track in MC and it will work.

Most drum programs are VST compatible and will load into MC. That makes doing the edits so much quicker since the drummer is playing through the DAW.  All the decent drum synths work in this manner.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1