How To Connect Line 6 UX2 Audio Interface when recording using Sonar X 1

Author
Fadli
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/03/30 07:24:45 (permalink)

How To Connect Line 6 UX2 Audio Interface when recording using Sonar X 1

HI everyone, I'm a newbie. I just bought Sonar X1. I wanted to recording my guitar tracks. I am also using Line 6 UX2 interface. How can i link them up so that i can record my guitar tracks? Sincere appreciate for helping me out

2 Replies Related Threads

lawajava
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: How To Connect Line 6 UX2 Audio Interface when recording using Sonar X 1 2014/03/31 20:37:32 (permalink)
    It has a USB right? I believe so. That's all you need. I use. Line 6 KB-37, works fantastic.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: How To Connect Line 6 UX2 Audio Interface when recording using Sonar X 1 2014/04/02 11:57:41 (permalink)
    Fadli
    HI everyone, I'm a newbie. I just bought Sonar X1. I wanted to recording my guitar tracks. I am also using Line 6 UX2 interface. How can i link them up so that i can record my guitar tracks? Sincere appreciate for helping me out

The guide is found here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation/default.aspx?Doc=SONAR%20X2&Lang=EN&Req=Troubleshooting.04.html

Configuring an audio interface

Before configuring your audio interface, make sure you have installed the latest drivers (can normally be obtained from the manufacturer's Web site).

If you are using a USB Interface, ensure that it is plugged directly to the computer and not into a USB hub or external hard drive.

You can find setup guides for many popular audio devices at www.cakewalk.com/support/hardwaresetup. If your device is not listed or if you do not have access to the Internet, follow these steps to configure your hardware in SONAR:

1. Make sure your audio interface is connected and receiving power before you start SONAR.

2. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Playback and Recording.

3. In the Driver Mode list, select ASIO.

4. Click Audio - Sync and Caching.

5. In the Playback I/O Buffer Size (KB) list, select 512.

6. In the Record I/O Buffer Size (KB) list, select 512.

7. Click Apply.

8. Click Audio - Devices.

9. Select all Input and Output drivers for your audio interface, then click Apply.

10. Click Audio - Driver Settings.

11. Assign Playback Timing Master and Record Timing Master to the first ASIO, then click OK and restart SONAR.

12. Play a project that contains audio.

If playback doesn't play smoothly, continue to step 12.
    13. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio - Driver Settings.

14. Click the ASIO Panel button.

The ASIO Panel opens, with settings specific to your audio interface.
    15. Locate a buffer or latency control and set it in the middle position.

16. Restart SONAR and play a project that contains audio.

When you're in Sonar, just select the tracks input to show UX2 and you should be good to go. 

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1