Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions)

Author
PavMusic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2014/04/04 00:27:24 (permalink)

Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions)

Hello and hope you can help as this is becoming REALLY frustrating (lloked to see if another post about this but couldnt see anything)
Had Sonar since 5 and only seen this happening in last couple of X versions.
Anyway all recording, mixing etc functions fine (issues with some processing glitches, pops and CPU spikes but leave that till another time - doesnt happen while this is in play) - - go to export the total mix to a stereo file.........
Whether doing fast Bounce or letting run as real time render - - - randomly, and increasingly, only get a partial file printed (and what part can vary) .... and once done once on a track really hard for it not to happen again.
Tried diferrent names, fast bounce or real time render (with or without audio) - and nothing solves.
(oh and project and export at 48/24, selected Entire Mix, All or What Hear or Master Bus - happens on all).
I can go through 4 songs on a project all ok and then one will glitch - or can go through 1 and the nexct one glitches.

Anyone else with this issue? or preferably a solution - very very frustrating especially when working to a deadline or wanting a listening copy while travelling and need to leave for plane etc. Any help appreciated.

PavMusic
Sonar Producer Platinum, Win 7 64bit, Octa Core 3Ghz - 32Gb RAM, 1 SSD & 2 SATA 1Tb HD's, RME UFX firewire audio interface, UA716, Sebatron VMP2000e value and other preamps, some outboard (minimal), various plug sets, Various Monitors (including Adams A7x, HHB Circle 5A, KRK Rockets 8)

5 Replies Related Threads

tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re: Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions) 2014/04/04 02:13:02 (permalink)
    Try to select the tracks you want to export.Or do a ctrl-A to select all tracks.

Albert

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz / MB Intel DP67BG / 16GB Ram
    - ADATA 250GB SSD (Boot)
    - Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD (Samples)
    Audio interface : Motu 828 MK ii

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz / MB Asrock Z170 / 16GB Ram
    - Samsung EVO 850 120GB / 500 GB SSD

Audio interface : Roland Quad Capture

Win 10 Pro / Sonar Platinum
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions) 2014/04/04 02:15:18 (permalink)
    Is it skipping time-wise (the same part of all tracks skipped) or track-wise (varying parts of varying tracks are skipped)?
    If the latter, and you have MIDI softsynths on the tracks, you could try doubling the buffer at "MIDI buffers, prepare using xx ms buffers".

If  thats not the case, and random parts of the whole project are skipped in randomly chosen projects, then I don't know. I don't remember reading about such here.
    Is there anything particularily in common with the projects that skip parts of export compared to the trouble free ones? A certain VST, Melodyne, whatever?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions) 2014/04/04 09:50:36 (permalink)
    Once you've selected the tracks to export, scroll through the project to ensure that all of the seperate clips are selected.
    Sometimes I find a clip that is orhaned during the selection.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    PavMusic
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions) 2014/04/17 04:29:03 (permalink)
    Thanks for the assistance (sorrry didnt get notification there had been responses and been travelling)
    Have selected tracks want to export and checked all clips selected
    Usually it misses the first part of the track and does the rest - or does the start and stops at some point - its the total file not individual tracks.
    There is nothing common with them - some have midi or virtual instruments  - others just live recordings.
    Perplexing!!!
    Kalle - If the latter, and you have MIDI softsynths on the tracks, you could try doubling the buffer at "MIDI buffers, prepare using xx ms buffers - - - -  where do I go for that, havent done that before (good to know/try and also for other times)
    Anyway still unresolved

PavMusic
    Sonar Producer Platinum, Win 7 64bit, Octa Core 3Ghz - 32Gb RAM, 1 SSD & 2 SATA 1Tb HD's, RME UFX firewire audio interface, UA716, Sebatron VMP2000e value and other preamps, some outboard (minimal), various plug sets, Various Monitors (including Adams A7x, HHB Circle 5A, KRK Rockets 8)
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Exporting from Sonar Producer - partial file rendered only (multiple occassions) 2014/04/17 12:01:10 (permalink)
    I always have used "select none" a few others here do the same. Seems to work better than select all which can miss stuff. 
    Ctrl-Shift-A 
    PS your in the wrong forum. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1