Installing Slate drums and in dire need of assistance

Author
MRD Music
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2014/04/10 18:52:16 (permalink)

Installing Slate drums and in dire need of assistance

I purchased Steven Slate drums (premiere pack) and I am struggling to get them to show up on my Daw. I'm running Sonar 8.5 through an I - 7 with two terra bite Hard drives x64 and windows 7. I've been currently running EZ drummer and have had no problems. I feel like a stooge and have never had this many issues adapting a drums based program. I have spoke with many people about this and every damn time their solution is to switch to Protools or reaper. Better yet, they always cop out with "it must be a corrupted file." I can't believe the corrupted file theory because I have downloaded the drums twice and I only have one download attempt left. Hence my urgency.

Can anyone provide an easy, layman's terms version for a massively stupid person a step by step process of how to download the drums and have them show up on my Sonar 8.5 producer series? I only have one more crack at this and I want to make it count.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Installing Slate drums and in dire need of assistance 2014/04/10 22:12:05 (permalink)
    Even though this is related to 8.5 and this is the correct forum, I would still post in the X forum as that is 95% of the user base now. Someone there is more likely to know the answer. After all, plenty of X people are always posting here! 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Installing Slate drums and in dire need of assistance 2014/04/11 01:52:58 (permalink)
    It might be good to know something about the steps you've taken. What makes you think there's something wrong with the actual download? Without the slightest idea of what you have done, it's hard to start guessing what is wrong. At least in theory :o) downloading and installing a VSTi is so straightforward that you need to give us hints.

No messages appearing? Everything, SONAR, Slate, are 64 bit versions?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Living Room Rocker
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 675
    Re: Installing Slate drums and in dire need of assistance 2014/04/13 22:45:24 (permalink)
    Uh, just in case, I will ask if you did a VST scan in SONAR?

Kind regards, Living Room Rocker
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1