Helpful ReplyI don't get it...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/15 11:29:50 (permalink)

The place I'm living now is fairly rural but we have neighbors on either side at a distance. One one side it's a young family with 4 rowdy kids from 1 to  5 years old. I made sure I put up a fence as fast as I could. The solid kind you can't see through. Of course I know it won't eliminate the noise you can get from kids or the projectiles that can be fired in my general direction. The other day I was taking out my trash and I seen a small being out of the corner of my eye..."Hello Neighbor Tim". He had climbed my fence and was sitting right on top of it. I just said "hello" back and went back inside.....let the games begin

I'm bracing for the weed wackers and lawn mowers, usually about the time I decide to venture out with a beverage to relax and listen to the birds.So I started to go out after dark and then folks think I'm a peeper. A lot of the problem could be eliminated if we could all agree on a day...one day to mow. Won't ever happen I know, but it would have been nice.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

batsbrew
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10037
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/15 11:38:46 (permalink)
i suggest well aimed,  high powered lawn sprinklers.
works great.

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

spacey
  • Total Posts : 8769
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/15 11:42:46 (permalink)
Rain
If you have enough brain cells left to hook up a home theatre system, how is it possible that it doesn't cross your mind that if you bring that stuff in your backyard, in a residential neighbourhood where there's a mere 10 ft between houses, you will piss off your neighbours?

I hate people.

Maybe they do know and hate people too.

Rain
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/15 20:52:37 (permalink)
spacey
Rain
If you have enough brain cells left to hook up a home theatre system, how is it possible that it doesn't cross your mind that if you bring that stuff in your backyard, in a residential neighbourhood where there's a mere 10 ft between houses, you will piss off your neighbours?

I hate people.

Maybe they do know and hate people too.

I guess that's the difference - as much as I hate people and even though I could write a 400 page philosophical essay demonstrating the worthlessness of their existence, at the end of the day, I always show respect and abide by the rules of curtesy. For a weirdo/rock and roll musicians, I'm actually very old-school in my manners.

And no it ain't just because I'm Canadian! :P

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/15 22:12:25 (permalink)
Yeah , I feel you man ..the truth is i got to take the high road with a lot of this type of stuff …..it's hard man 

I like what Marcus Aurelius said when he stated 
to refrain from imitation is the most sincerest form of revenge  ….

Kenny 

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2014/04/16 06:39:54

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/15 23:53:22 (permalink)
batsbrew
i suggest well aimed,  high powered lawn sprinklers.
works great.

A few years ago, we carried a high-powered sprinkler thingy that had a proximity detector on it. It's main purpose was to keep animals from eating your vegetable garden.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/16 12:27:58 (permalink)
The sprinkler idea is tempting, but I fear retribution on a large scale. Think Dennis The Menace. 

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

UbiquitousBubba
  • Total Posts : 8912
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/16 12:37:29 (permalink)
Neighbor: "Why is your sprinkler hooked up to the fire hydrant?"
Rain: "Don't worry about it. Hey, why don't you go ahead and fire up that leaf blower?"
Neighbor: "Oh...okay, I guess."
Rain: Grinning madly and stifling a cackle - "I'll just sit over here and read my book while my home security system records my image with a time and date stamp for future use by authorities. You just knock yourself out over there."
Neighbor: "Alright, if you don't mind..." - Starts leaf blower.
Rain: Stares at the neighbor-sized hole in the fence at the back of the yard. "Next time, I'll try it on full power..."

Rain
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/16 13:04:59 (permalink)
Like most houses around here, our backyard is surrounded by cinder block walls - and the one separating us from that neighbour is practically 7 ft. I'd have problems adjusting our sprinklers to a high enough intensity. :/

Things have been rather quiet for the last two days - I even managed to spend enough time outside reading to get a nice sunburn two days ago. 

batsbrew
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/16 13:12:02 (permalink)
ah yes, las vegas style...
my brother in law has a house in vegas, same kind of setup with the neighboring walls....
there's almost no setback between the houses, nice gated community, but really tight properties side by side.....

i have a really big yard, but i'm on the foot of a mountain, all the properties rise behind me, and the three houses behind me LOOM over my yard.... two of the 3 houses have barking dogs, that they allow to bark constantly.

if i owned a dog that i could not train to NOT bark, i'd put a muzzle on it.

i don't hate people, i hate people with barking dogs.
it reflects on the character of the owner.

Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

Rain
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/16 14:07:47 (permalink)
batsbrew
ah yes, las vegas style...
my brother in law has a house in vegas, same kind of setup with the neighboring walls....
there's almost no setback between the houses, nice gated community, but really tight properties side by side.....

i have a really big yard, but i'm on the foot of a mountain, all the properties rise behind me, and the three houses behind me LOOM over my yard.... two of the 3 houses have barking dogs, that they allow to bark constantly.

if i owned a dog that i could not train to NOT bark, i'd put a muzzle on it.

i don't hate people, i hate people with barking dogs.
it reflects on the character of the owner.

The one thing I can say I miss is having a big yard.

Ours is actually one of the small ones I've seen (and w/o a pool) - that's probably the only negative thing I can say about this place. We have no desire to move out anytime soon, but when we do, the one improvement we're looking for is a bigger yard. The house itself is darn near perfect for us.

The day we do buy our own, I think the first thing I'll do is find a dog - probably a Rottweiler, a Doberman or a Bullmastiff. But I will certainly make sure that he's not left outside on his own barking for hours at a time.

Most people around here seem to prefer those little old ladies dogs and not to care that much when they're barking for hours. At times, it's like they're answering each other all over the neighbourhood.

batsbrew
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/16 15:12:21 (permalink)
"ruff ruff ruff 'hey fido?' ruff ruff ruff ruff....."

"yea, ralphie? ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff....."

"ruff ruff ruff 'guess what i just did?' ruff ruff ruff ruff....."

"ruff ruff ruff...... ruff ruff ruff......... ruff........'whadidya do?' ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff....."

"ruff ruff ruff 'heheh'  ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff.......
ruff ruff ruff.....ruff ruff ruff....ruff ruff ruff......"
"i sh!t the rug, rolled in it, and laid on the couch"
ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruffruff ruff ruff
ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff
ruff ruff ruff
ruff

Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/17 06:09:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rain 2014/04/17 16:00:37
Rain , 
I'm in the big dog camp ….big dogs are great if you happen to get the right one 
I've got an American Bulldog , when I got him he was still somewhat of a puppy ….he clocked in at 110 pounds 
now he is pushing around 130 plus and I kid you not this guys stops surface street traffic lol
at times we seem to be a walking mobile petting zoo ,
every body wants to pet Duke …they even get out of their cars where there is very little traffic

Big dogs are great as long as you put in the time they need to keep them happy ...
to keep them happy and for them to have a decent home life the whole key is to exercise them every day 
my guy D ...loves when I take him on the everyday 3 mile afternoon local walk
also i try to bring him to an off lead dog park a few times a week just to let him run free and socialize ….
when a big dog or any dog for that matter has an  outlet to burn off all the pent up energy , they become very well behaved when the are inside the living space ,..
I live in an apt and I have to stay on top of doing my keeping my dog happy chores …
I enjoy doing all this btw…..it makes me feel good 
good luck, 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Sandy80
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/17 08:42:30 (permalink)
craigb
Hehe...  Can you imagine a few of the characters looking over the fence at the neighbors?

Great!!! I like it!
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/17 08:55:44 (permalink)
Since you're new here, I'll give you the quick background on why I picked those images.  The above figures are all characters from different Cirque Du Soleil productions and Rain's wife is the star of one of them (Zarkana). 

(Which allows Rain to simply sit at home and wear the finish off of his new guitar.  )

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Rain
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/17 16:07:15 (permalink)
craigb
Since you're new here, I'll give you the quick background on why I picked those images.  The above figures are all characters from different Cirque Du Soleil productions and Rain's wife is the star of one of them (Zarkana). 

(Which allows Rain to simply sit at home and wear the finish off of his new guitar.  )

LOL

Well, should be noted that the house and the cats keep me busy and that my lovely wife never once had to even prepare tea for herself, less so to do the laundry, wash the dishes or prepare a meal. Not to mention that I'm also writing and recording music for her, helping with all her projects.

I'm quite the housewife.

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: I don't get it... 2014/04/17 18:38:50 (permalink)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1