Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity)

Author
UbiquitousBubba
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8912
2014/04/15 09:54:40 (permalink)

Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity)

I posted this elsewhere and/ after driving in this morning, I thought I should post it here as well.

Zeroth law of intelligence: If two systems are in intellectual equilibrium with a third system, they must be in intellectual equilibrium with each other. This law helps define the notion of intellect. The hypothesis is intended to allow the existence of an empirical parameter, the intellect, as a property of a system such that systems in intellectual equilibrium with each other have the same intellect. The law as stated here is compatible with the use of a particular physical being, for example a middle aged LARPer, to match the intellect of other beings, but does not justify regarding intellect as a quantity that can be measured on a scale of real numbers.

First law of intelligence: Because stupidity is conserved, the internal stupidity of a system changes as idiocy flows in or out of it. Equivalently, people that violate the first law (liars) are impossible. Idiocy is the flow of stupidity from one person to another. The total stupidity of an isolated system cannot change. It is conserved over time. Stupidity can be neither created nor destroyed, but can change form. The first law may be stated as: δS=dU+δH, where δS is the amount of stupidity added to the system by the Internet, δH is the amount of stupidity lost due to intelligence gained by the system or its surroundings and dU is the change in the internal stupidity of the system. If the intellectual system is invariant under the continuous symmetry of time translation, then its stupidity is conserved.

Second law of intelligence: The entropy of any isolated system cannot decrease. Such systems spontaneously evolve towards intellectual equilibrium — the state of maximum entropy of the system. Equivalently, people that violate the second hypothesis (big fat liars) are impossible. When two initially isolated systems in separate but nearby regions of space, each in intellectual equilibrium with itself but not necessarily with each other, are then allowed to interact, they will eventually reach a mutual intellectual equilibrium. The sum of the entropies of the initially isolated systems is less than or equal to the total entropy of the final combination. Equality occurs just when the two original systems have all their respective intensive variables (stupidity, traffic) equal; then the final system also has the same values.

Third law of intelligence: The entropy of any pure substance in intellectual equilibrium approaches zero as the intellect approaches zero. The entropy of a system at absolute zero is typically zero, and in all cases is determined only by the number of different Facebook friends it has. At zero intelligence the system must be in a state with the minimum intellectual energy. Entropy is related to the number of possible microstates according to: S = kB ln Omega, where S is the entropy of the system, kB Boltzmann’s constant, and Ω the number of microstates (e.g. possible configurations of morons). At absolute zero there is only 1 microstate possible (Ω=1 as all the idiots are identical for a pure substance and as a result all orders are identical as there is only one combination) and ln(1) = 0. The entropy of a system approaches a constant value as the intelligence approaches zero. The constant value (not necessarily zero) is called the residual stupidity of the system.

These laws support Scooter’s Third Law, which says that for every Profound Thought, there is an equal and opposite Stupid Idea. Incidentally, immediately after drafting this law, Scooter’s shirt, which he had created by duct-taping live weasels together, turned on him. Afterwards, Scooter abandoned the fashion world and returned to working the drive through.

The bottom line is that for every Stephen Hawking, Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Madame Curie, or Neil Peart, there are the rest of us. Thanks to the law of the conservation of stupidity, we now know that when one of these great thinkers comes up with their next big idea, the rest of us will get dumber as a result.

Thanks a lot, geniuses.

14 Replies Related Threads

Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 10:26:03 (permalink)
    Erm......I was told there would be no math.

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 10:55:04 (permalink)
    Neil Pert? Can we throw Kernal Sanders in there too?He didn't play anything but he had a lot of drumsticks in his lifetime.

It has been said that genius is 99% perspiration and 1% precent inspiration .I'm pretty much there. I can sweat with the best of them.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 11:10:33 (permalink)
    rsp@odyssey.net
    Erm......I was told there would be no math.

Randy ... "Physics for Poets" is an old Beserkeley course and they don't offer it anymore!

I'm thinking that Bubba forgot about that! I always think the first law of intelligence is ... stop worrying about it.

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Mesh
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 11:11:55 (permalink)
    So how does this all equate to the theory of "opposites attract".........will Yin be happy with Yang?

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    craigb
    • Total Posts : 41704
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:09:35 (permalink)
    Hey!  They're giving out free coasters!  Cool.

(So why do I now have the Judas Priest song Breaking the Law going through my head?)

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
    UbiquitousBubba
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:11:09 (permalink)
    That coaster is a great idea!

Uh oh...
    Old55
    • Total Posts : 19791
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:17:01 (permalink)
    UbiquitousBubba
    That coaster is a great idea!

Uh oh...

I bet Bapu could make some coaster.  Will they have rollers on them? 

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
    craigb
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:25:34 (permalink)
    Oooo!  Good idea Jan!  I love roller coasters!  Maybe they could bring back "E" tickets too ("E" for entelligence!). 

Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:25:41 (permalink)
    if law #2 is true, then saying that "something" "changes everything" is completely and irrevocably incorrect. 

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    craigb
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:29:09 (permalink)
    Beagle
    if law #2 is true, then saying that "something" "changes everything" is completely and irrevocably incorrect. 

Welcome to the club!
    (Here's your coaster.)

Beagle
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:33:21 (permalink)
    craigb
    Beagle

Welcome to the club!
    (Here's your coaster.)

I didn't order a coaster.

what kind is it?  roller or beverage?

Old55
    • Total Posts : 19791
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 13:55:18 (permalink)
    Beagle

Your post changes everything! 

Should auld acquaintance be forgot--hey, who the hell are you guys?  

X2(X3 pending hardware upgrade), Emulator X2, E-mu 1212M, Virtual String Machine
    UbiquitousBubba
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 14:09:07 (permalink)
    Thanks to Beagle's thoughtful and perceptive observation, young children just listened to Justin Bieber, thereby balancing the scales.
    Beagle
    Re: Bubba's Laws of Intelligence (and/or Stupidity) 2014/04/15 14:20:14 (permalink)
    UbiquitousBubba
    Thanks to Beagle's thoughtful and perceptive observation, young children just listened to Justin Bieber, thereby balancing the scales.

OMGosh!  let's throw the scales out and start over with new bath water!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1